Chapter 69

I woke up the next morning, had breakfast at the hotel and counted the hours till the tonight's match. Wales was facing Belgium. I hope everything will be fine.
At around seven I started getting dressed so I could be ready at nine.
Ellen called me just a little earlier.
- Are we going to see you on TV tonight ?
She asked sounded as excited as I was.
- I don't know. Are you ?
- Of course silly! Front row ?
- Front row!

I waited impatiently outside the stadium feeling weird that I was alone there. Everybody had at least one person with them. But I didn't really care. I sat in the front row waiting impatiently as the players entered the field. I was wearing Gareth's jersey and I was cheering but he never seemed to notice me.
The match has started. Both teams were playing really well. And I kept cheering with the Wales fans. I really liked this feeling.
Then from a corner Gareth came closer to me. It was then I screamed his name and he turned to face me. He had finally saw me. His mouth was open from surprise and shock and he smiled at me. And then shit happened. Belgium scored. That was bad really bad. I hope they could change the game.

Gareth's pov
Aaron was ready for a corner. It was our chance. Fans were screaming like hell. I could hear my name everywhere. We really should make them happy. This is our chance....
- Gareth!!
Someone's screaming my name again. It's a girl's voice. I can hear it clearer than any other voice. It must be somewhere near. But I recognize this voice. I do recognize this voice. It's hers. No of course it's not. Make up your mind you fool!
You don't want you to lose because of you not being concentrated!
I thought to myself.
But then I turned and there was she. She was wearing my jersey and she was screaming my name. She was here... but how?
- Goal!
Everybody screamed and I saw her being dissappointed.
Shit.... Belgium has scored.....

Jane's pov
I was such a bad influence. When Gareth saw me, Belgium scored.
The match continued but at this time now the ones that were really screaming were the Belgium fans.
I had started to lose faith but then it came. One of the Welsh team scored.
I cheered with the others because we were now in a tie. They all hugged each other and Gareth looked at me pointimg me with his finger and making a heart with his hands. I smiled like an idiot and the worst part of all was that I saw myself in the screen and everybody could also see Gareth pointing at me.
That was no good.
The first half just came to an end and when the two teams went in the changing rooms I walked inside the stadium. I knew that this was illegal but I had to see Gareth. I ran inside trying to be as cool as possible and there was he. He was standing outside the changing rooms ready to go inside. I had to reach him.
- Where do you think you're going ?
A guard asked and I felt my entire world fall apart.
- I just.....
- It's okay. She's my girlfriend.
Gareth was standing next to us.
- I'm sorry mr. Bale but this is vorbidden you know.
- Just give us a minute.
He said taking my hand and leading away from the guard.
- Jane!
He said hugging me and kissing my lips.
Oh!
I had missed him so fucking much.
- How did you come here ? When ? Are you okay ? Where are you staying ? Have you came alone ?
- Relax Gareth. Don't ask me anything. I just came to see you.
I said locking my lips in his.
- It was the best thing you could have done! Especially now. I have missed you so much!
He said pulling me again in his hug.
- You need to go to the rest rooms. And don't think about me all the time. I want you to win!
- We will. I promise for you.
He said kissing my lips again.
- You should go.
I said but I really didn't want him to go.
- Yes, you're right. And something I wanna add. When the match ends don't go anywhere. Wait for me okay ?
- Okay.
I said smiling and he kissed me again.
He turned to leave but I stopped him.
- One more thing...
I said looking straight into his eyes.
- Anything for you.
He said and my heart melted.
- If you score, please dedicate your goal to me.
- Of course I will. I have already dedicated you our first goal and I wasn't the scorer.
He said leaving and winking at me.
Well I had to go back. I walked and waved at the guard pretty embarassed and I went to my seat. What have I just did shocked me a little. In fact you never know what happens in half times....