Chapter 53

- You should have told me earlier that you're staying.
Gareth said.
- And if I had would that change anything ? You would still leave.
- I have to Jane. It's not my choice.
Are we fighting or something ?
I knew that this trip wasn't a good idea. I'm sure he knew it as well.
- I can pay for your ticket to leave tomorrow if that's what you want.
He said.
No never. I wouldn't let him pay again my ticket and for fuck's sake I wasn't broke I just wasn't as rich as he was. I could pay my ticket.
- No Gareth I'll stay.
- What ?
- I'll stay till Friday. I had alredy promised that to Sara.
Okay I haven't promised anything to Sara but I didn't want him to insist on paying my ticket.
- Are you sure ?
Gareth asked because I have failed to convince him once more.
- Yes Gareth you shouldn't worry about me.

As long as our dinner took place I couldn't concentrate on what Gareth was talking about. I had to come back to Spain. Of course I wanted to explore Milano and why not Italy ? But it wouldn't be fun. I should do something immediately. I don't know what but I have to.

At around ten Gareth left his hotel to go to the airport. He was flying to Wales. Who knows when I'm going to see him again ? Face to face I mean because I had a TV back home. I should find a way to go back home. Soon.
- Jane....
I was lying in my bed when I heard Sara's voice.
- Are you sleeping ?
- No what happened ?
- We're going out. For clubbing.
She said laughing.
- Do you want to come ?
I really didn't want to go besides I had a headache and I should think of a way to go back to Spain.
- No I'm ..... tired.
- Tired ? I would say sad. What happened Jane ?
- Nothing just.......
And I burst out in tears. I couldn't handle that anymore.
- Jane relax. Don't be a fool. Remember that whatever happens happens for a reason.
- Who believes in these kind of bullshit ?
I said while crying.
- Is there anything that I can do for you ?
Sara asked looking worried.
- I would really appreciate some alone time.
I said not looking at her because I was afraid I had insulted her.
- Sure... besides it's about time we're leaving. You can hit my phone up anytime.
She said kissing my forehead.
- Thanks.
I whispered but she had alteady left the room.

After fifteen minutes of non stop crying I felt asleep. I woke up at around one after midnight my head dizzing. I didn't feel well. I was about to vomit. I went toward the bathroom but instead of vomiting I burst out crying again.
- Fuck, my dress...
I didn't want to make it look dirty so I went to the bedroom searching for some more casual clothes. I wore my pajamas and I made a bun to my hair. My face was covered with mascara. What a mess. I hope I wasn't like that when I previously spoke to Sara. I washed my face and then I cleaned our room since it was a mess. Sara hasn't come from 'clubbing'. Okay it was still early. I checked my phone. I had two missing calls from my dad. I couldn't call him now it was late. I couldn't sleep so I decided to check all the clothes I had with me. I put all of them of my bag and I was shocked. Under my clothes were a lot of money. Okay I had taken money with me but not so many. For fuck's sake. Then it came to me. My mother had put them in my bag in case something had happened. She always does it. But this time she was right. I needed the money. Now I could afford a ticket for....
I searched for tomorrow's flights to Spain. It was one in the afternoon that I thought it was approppriate. And I could afford it. I checked in. I couldn't believe a solution like that came to me. How lucky was I... Now I had to tell Sara and Nicki. I hope they wouldn't be mad.

At around six in the morning I heard Sara coming. They must had a really good time so to come that late. I was pretty sure she was drunk because I heard her falling from her high heels. But I was wrong. She was sober.
- Hi.
She said looking at me.
- Why aren't you sleeping ?
She asked.
- I couldn't.
I explained.
- I can see that. But why ?
- It doesn't matter.
I responded.
- Fine. If you don't want to tell me I won't insist.
She said while putting her make up of.
- I want to tell you something Sara but I don't want you to get mad.
- I want to tell you something as well I don't want you to get mad either.
She said looking anxious.
- What is it ?
I asked. What has she possibly done that was so bad ?
- My other sister is coming here tomorrow and she will leave with us on Friday which means you have to pay for your ticket.