58: He's a prince pt.3

Start from the beginning

I grab some table cloths and set them in the ball room. There's a whole bunch of maids and people helping. I didn't realize how big of a deal this all was. I set tables and put drinks in trays and mini snacks on trays just like everyone else. By the time everything is well put together I have to go back to my dorm and put on some more deodorant.

I run into Prince Niall walking back down the stairs. "I'm sorry." I say. He grabs my arm keeping me steady, "It's fine. And my parents they are what upset me. They want me to marry a princess and rule a country. You don't understand how difficult that is. Plus they don't let me help around the castle because I'm royalty and they don't need me." He groans. Would it be wrong to hug him? I always feel a bit better when someone hugs me. Eh, I'll do it. I open my arms and wrap them around him. He does the same almost immediately. I don't say anything because I was always told, "actions speak louder then words." He's a great hugger and might I add I feel safe because he's so much taller.

He lets go of me and smiles. "Thank you." He says. His cheeks look a little red but I ignore it because mine look the same. "No problem. Don't be too hard on yourself. You should also change your tights." I smile. "Ha, funny but that's not going to happen." He looks much happier which is great.
-------
At around 4 in the afternoon people start coming into the castle. Beautiful and tall people. Prince Niall and princess Emerald walk into the ball room. I try not to drop my tray with drinks. A lady bumps my shoulder and doesn't apologize.

Sarah comes out behind Niall and Emmy with a micro phone. "Welcome everyone we'd like to thank you all for coming and to certainly enjoy your stay for the next couple hours. I'd like to welcome our new guards and maids for the opening dance." Sarah smiles. I put my tray on a table and quickly walk over to my position. My eyes land on Niall's and he gives me a thumbs up. Ashton smiles the whole time, while I try not to step on his feet.

The song ends and I hear wolf whistles and cheers. Wow, that felt good. Ashton gives me a high five, and walks away to get back to his job. Now we must all wait till everyone dances to have our own. I grab my tray again and begin walking around handing out drinks. I'm so glad I've worn flats because some of the maids that chose to wear heels look like they are going to poop themselves. "Your majesty, would you like a drink?" I ask Niall as he walks up to me. "No, but I'd like a dance with you." He says. "I- uh-I can't." I stutter. "And why not?" He asks.

"Because I have to wait until everyone else is done dancing." I whisper. He grabs my hand, "that means you can dance this one with me and then when it's your turn you can also dance with me." He's grinning and I laugh. "Won't I get in trouble?" I ask. "With me? Nope. Plus I wouldn't let that happen." He smiles. Jesus.

I set my tray down. And he takes both of my hands. I put one hand on his shoulder and he takes my other hand in his. I still feel like a fool. He's dressed all nice (minus his tights) and I'm wearing a maids outfit. He wraps his free hand around my back. I take a step closer to him. I'm glad there's more people dancing so not everyone is looking at me dancing with the prince. I look around to see the princess that Niall is supposed to be meeting and talking to. She looks angry. I look away before her eye daggers get to me.

"Hey, who knew (Y/N) is a good dancer." He whispers to me. It's hard to hear him due to the music.

"You shush." I laugh looking up at him. Bad idea. I step on his foot. "Oh geez. "Sorry." I mutter. I hear him laugh, "I guess I spoke too soon." I can feel him grinning. He twirls me as the song ends.

"Thank you for dancing with me." He smiles kissing my hand.

"Not a problem." I smile walking back over to get my tray.

"Can you believe this!? I came all this way to meet with the prince and he hasn't even looked at me once. What the hell is his problem?" I hear the eye dagger princess complain.