Chapter 23-Innocent

I can't stand not having Harry around. He's my rock, my everything. I can't live without him. And now that he's disappeared to who knows where........it scares me at the thought of where he might of gone off to........

My thoughts are washed away when I feel a gentle tug coming from the hem of my dress. Looking down, I see my daughter with eyes filled to the brim with tears, waiting for the right time to let them all loose.

"Shh baby don't cry," I whisper as I pull her up onto my lap, "daddy's just out."

"I want daddy......." She whimpers.

"I do to........." I faintly whisper, "I do too."

*Liam's POV*

I walk out into the living room to see Daisy sitting on her mother's lap who's trying to restrain her tears. I quietly approach her, careful not to stir up her emotions anymore than she needs to.

"Liz," I whisper, "do you want to be alone?"

*Liz's POV*

"Liz," I hear Liam's voice call, "do you want to be alone?"

It doesn't even take me a minute to think things over. I shake my head, releasing a few tears and hear the sounds of Liam's footsteps coming closer. I feel the couch dip next to me, so I gently set Daisy down and she wobbles away. Before she even completely exit the room, I immediately bury my face into Liam's chest, crying my precious heart out. I did nothing but torment him, driving him insane until the veins became visible in his forehead from pissing him off so much. I made his life miserable. I hate what I've done to him. I should've just left him when I had the chance. It's all my fault. 

It's all my fault........

My fault........

"It's all my fault," I whisper, and continue repeating the words, enough times to finally make myself believe what I'm saying.

*Liam's POV*

"Liz stop saying that," I tell her, "it is not your fault, OK? Liz, you did nothing wrong-"

"I tormented him!" She screams suddenly, "I made his life a fucking nightmare!"

"He loves you-"

"Loved," she corrects.

"If you went to see him now, he'd still proclaim his love to you like he always has," I reassure her.

At this point, she becomes silent. Her tears seemed to have stopped flowing and she just stares at me. She blinks at me a few times and a small smile spreads across her lips.

"You're right," she whispers.

"I know I am," I smile, and then the words that she just said finally sink in, "wait, what?"

A few seconds pass, and she still hasn't explained her sudden agreement. She's never usually done this. What in the world is going on? Did some sense actually get slapped into her?!? Is Hell freezing over or something?!? It seems like the impossible miracle has finally happened.........

Liz has actually started acting intelligent.

"I love you Liam," Liz whispers.

I actually have to do a double take by her words. It's been so long since I've heard those words said to me. I actually didn't believe she was talking to me at first. But then I remember, she is. I lift my arm up and wrap it around her neck, pulling her closer to me for her own comfort. I just have to watch what I'm doing in case Danielle shows up. I don't want to get too carried away.