Chapter 68-I Swear To Drunk I'm Not God

*Harry's POV*

My body slams into the wall beside the staircase, my heartbeat racing and my breathing is heavy. I look at Nathan and he looks as though the world is spinning around him. As he drops to his knees, I'm scarred when I see myself as the man in front of me, although I wouldn't be hurling right now - I would be drunk, on the verge of passing out. I hate myself for being like that back then, getting so drunk. It fucked up my life so much, and it still does now. 

"Gross!" Eleanor groans as Nathan vomits on the tile flooring. 

Suddenly, Nathan rises up, chucking the piece of glass in his hand in Eleanor's direction. She screams at the top of her lungs before ducking down as the glass shatters on the wall behind her. I think she's safe until I see the broken pieces of glass fall on her back, causing her to cry out in pain and fall down three steps. You wouldn't think that tiny pieces of glass could cause someone to fall down the stairs but with the way the glass fell, I can tell they poked her back, possibly cutting her skin open. Hopefully the glass isn't stuck.

Everyone rushes to Eleanor's side, helping carry her up the steps, while I stay behind, examining the sight in front of me. Liz's father is unconcious, drunk, but unconcious; surely to suffer with a hangover in the morning. I can't leave him there but I'm afraid to move him somewhere else. The only place he deserves to be moved to is the curb, where his ass belongs. If Liz were here who knows what the hell would've happened...

*Phoenix's POV*

"Yes, yes I have to do this, Brian......... No! No, I do not trust that boy with my daughter! I know guys like him, I know what's going to happen if I give her my permission to see him," I hear my father say on the phone from inside the study of my house. He's talking about Harry to one of the men down at the military base, that's for sure, "look, I know what I'm doing. Just prepare the base for my arrival."

"Daddy," I speak up, peeking out from the corner of the doorframe.

"I'll call you back and we will talk about this later," he quickly mumbles into the phone before hanging up and shoving the phone in his pocket.

As soon as I step into the room, I realize that I made a mistake by making my presense known to him. If I just stayed quiet then I might know what's going on. He looks at me for a moment, possibly thinking over a lie to tell me.

"Do you need something? I'm very busy at the moment," he says with a polite, yet 'you just ruined everything' look on his face.

I don't say anything for a while, so my father takes it as I have nothing to say, so he begins to pull out his phone before I find the courage to speak, "Harry's not like that....."

"Sweetie, you barely even know this boy!" He says, thinking that I'm such a naive little child.

"I know him enough to know that he won't use me like that! And even if he wanted me to have sex with him-"

"Phoenix, please do not use that dirty word in this house. You are much too young to even-"

"I'm old enough! I've learned about it in school! I wouldn't do it with a boy until I was ready, and if they can't wait, well then they can go find a new girl to date!" I argue. I honestly feel like a child right now with the way he's treating me and with the words he's saying, "I trust him-"

"Well I don't! And until I do I forbid you to see him-"

"You can't stop me-"

"Ohhhh, but I can,he glares at me, obviously ready for the challenge that I'm giving him, "and I will, too."

*Liz's POV*

"I really am glad to have you back here," my mother smiles as she spins the red wine around in her glass, stirring it.

Before my mother was bawling her eyes out, but after a few glasses of wine, she's happier than ever; but only because she's drunk. Nathan still hasn't come back from earlier and I'm beginning to wonder if he's over at Harry's house. Maybe I should just call Zayn to check, but I'm afraid to.

Almost on cue, Nathan comes through the door, but I'm shocked to find him unconcious.....and in Harry's arms.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" I whisper/yell at Harry, careful to not alert my mother of our guests.

"Why does it look like I'm here?!" He fires back before using his knee to help lift Nathan up a bit more so Harry can hold him better. 

"What happened?" I ask, trying to calm myself down before I strangle him. I shouldn't even be arguing right now with him.

"He got drunk and came over to my house wanting to murder me because of what I did to you," he pauses before speaking again, "you know how sorry I am for that. I still am. And I always will be until the day I die, because I hurt you. I understand your anger but I'm just trying to be civil about all of this, if that's not too much to ask of you."

"Yes," I sigh, feeling defeated and worn out, "I love y-"

"Lizzie?" My mother calls before a gasp escapes her lips at the sight in front of her. 

In front of her, she sees me, and then she sees Harry.....with a drunken, almost dead looking Nathan in his arms. Tears flood to her eyes but they don't fall, thank god. I don't think I can stand to see her cry twice in one day. 

"Just......." My mother stops to take in a breath before pinching the bridge of her nose and pointing in the direction of the living room, "just put him on the couch."

"Yes ma'am," Harry mumbles before quickly nodding and walking out of the room, careful not to fall along the way.

I'm surprised at how cool she is about this. She should be freaking out and ready to pull out her hair, but she's just fine..... Why? Her calmness is scaring me.

"Mother-"

"Please, Lizzie, just give your mother some space," she whispers, sniffling, as she follows Harry in the living room.

So she's gone from bawling her eyes out, to laughing and smiling, to being cool, and then back to bawling her eyes out again. This is just one big, happy, fucking wonderful circle of life, isn't it? And it seems awfully familiar to me too.....