Chapter 61-I Wanna Know You

Shawn looks down the stairs so I walk past her to see Zayn, surprisingly, standing in front of the door with his hands in his jean pockets. Out of all people, he's probably the last one I'd expect to come visit me. A small part of me was actually wishing that it was Harry, but it's probably better that he's not here. 

"What are you doing here?" I ask, shaking my head.

I don't understand anything right now. Shouldn't he be working?

"I wanted to come see you. See how you were doing. Figured we could spend the day together catching up."

"Catching up? I barely left a week ago! What's there to miss? Besides, I don't care to find out anyway. I don't want to find out the next heartbreak that Harry has in store for me," I begin to fade off and lower my voice at the last sentence so that he doesn't hear the mention of Harry's name."

"Well, I know you're mad at Harry. But..........." Zayn trails off, obviously unsure of his next words.

"But what? He expects me to forgive him? He wants to flaunt his new girlfriend off in front of me?" I snap, causing Zayn to blink twice in surprise.

"It's all about him to you, isn't it?!?" He suddenly barks, "you don't give a shit about the fact that I'm here! You just want to find out how Harry's doing so you can act like you don't care! Harry's not making the effort to come see you so just forget it! Stop expecting things that you know damn well aren't going to happen!!! Be happy with what you have because with the attitude that you have right now, keeping it up won't leave you with very much!"

His words scare me, but my courage has suddenly shriveled up so much that I can't find any words to reply with. I know the other girls were staring at us while Zayn was yelling but now they've all gone back to chatting with their families as though they weren't watching us a few seconds ago. He honestly looks like he's ready to storm out of the house and slam the door behind him but he doesn't move at all. If he was a dragon smoke would be flaring out of his nostrils right now. I bet Zayn would be hot as a dragon...... Wow I sound high. 

Instead of trying to make this fire that is our fight burn higher, I just walk away, leaving Zayn hanging. He never should've came....

"You alright?" Shawn asks me as she hands me a water bottle from the fridge in the kitchen.

"I've been better," I mutter, not meeting her gaze.

The window seems very appealing to me at this point. I figured Zayn would've left by now but my assumption is proven wrong when I feel his hand grab my shoulder and spins me around, forcing me to look at him.

"I'm sorry for yelling," he whispers.

"No," I object, "you're not. You're just saying that expecting me to come right back to you like nothing happened."

"But what I said was true-"

"Zayn I think you should go," I whisper as I begin to pull strands of hair in front of my left eye to block my view of him. 

"Liz I'm not leaving," he growls while keeping his voice calm, but I know he's dead serious, "now come with me."

My subconscious would've objected and asked where we were going first but my mouth didn't have time to comprehend the words to say no so instead Zayn is holding my hand, leading me upstairs.

"Which room is yours?" He asks while making sure to keep his cool.

"Right there," I point to the door to the right, "but my roommate is downstairs-"

"No, no roommate. It'll just be you and I. No one else. I refuse to allow someone else to interrupt us of our private time together."

"But Zayn-"