Chapter 64 - Yes to the Dress

Ally's POV:

Janet, Becca and I walk through the automatic doors of Loris Bridals. It's time for me to find my wedding dress, and I plan to buy it today. Michael came along with us too, but he's gone to a different wedding shop to buy himself his suit. I've always believed in the 'if your man sees you in your wedding dress before you walk down the isle, it gives you bad luck', so that's why we are in separate shops.

"Girl, there's so much to choose from!" Becca squeals, caressing the soft silks displayed on the mannequins.

"Whatever you buy, you will look beautiful in," Janet give me a sense of reassurance to ease my nerves.

"Okay guys, thank you so much," I respond, taking a breath.

"Hi there, welcome to Lori's Bridals! Can I help you find a dress, do you plan on trying on dresses today or just browse?"

"Actually, I'm planning on purchasing the dress today, so browse, try and buy!" I laugh nervously. I never thought this day would come so fast in my life.

"Perfect! Most ladies here have an image of their dream dress, what would you like to have in your dress?"

"Well, I definitely want the mermaid style dress, not ball gown type," I think about what will flatter my body most, "also, I'd like some lace on it, and diamond embellishment!"

"Alright, I'll go find a variety of dresses, what's your price range?"

"Oh! I -uh- don't have a price range, my husband said he can pay any amount," I smile shamefully, I can't believe Michael is being so generous, but I suppose he's a billionaire so it's nothing to him- as he always says.

"Perfect, you can browse whilst I look!" She scurries off.

My hands flick through tons of lace dresses, none truly catching my eye. Maybe I'm expecting too much. I amble to another isle in search of 'the one', but to no avail. I continue on to the rack Janet and Becca are flicking through, but huff with no luck. Woah! My eyes dash up, glaring straight ahead at the glamorous dress, the most beautiful one I've seen! This dress gives me goosebumps- which is surprising since Michaels the only one to ever give me that feeling. It's got everything I want in my dress, embellishment, mermaid style, and tons of lace! I absolutely love it! I'm in love with this dress; I need to try this on.

"Guys, guys, the dress behind you! Look! Isn't it gorgeous!"

"Oh my..." Janet stands in awe, "Jheez," Becca gasps.

"This is what I want, I want to try this on."

"Well...go get the lady, now!" they exclaim.

I shout for the lady who comes running over with a pile of dresses in her arms, "What is it?" She questions.

"Well, I think I've found a dress that's possibly my favourite, I'd like to try it on and get it fitted."

"Oh, well that's great! Do any of these catch your eye?" She holds up all the dresses she has on her arm.

"I mean, I like them all, but my heart is set on this one," I point to the dress isolated on the rack behind Janet.

"Of course, follow me and we'll get you fitted."

~

"Just a little bit more..." The lady mutters in a high pitched voice whilst zipping the back of the dress on my body.

I'm honestly too scared to turn around and face the mirror.

"Done!" She chimes, "the dress fits perfectly, I believe no alterations need to be made unless you yourself find something uncomfortable or have alterations to suggest, do you?"

"No! I feel totally comfortable right now. But before I look, what do you think of me in this?"
I nervously twirl my hair in my finger, still facing the blank wall.

"Darling, you look absolutely fabulous, now look at it!" She clasps her hands to together.

I build up the courage and finally turn around.

The reflection of this dress in the mirror is just... I'm speechless. I couldn't love this dress anymore. I can imagine myself walking down with my father to Michael, just tears running down my cheek. In fact, I think the tears are literally forming right now. It's so sad that neither of my parents can be there for my wedding, but I know they'll be watching from up above. They'd love this dress, I know they would. Oh God, this dress is definitely the one, this is the one! I've fallen in love with this dress.

~

Hey guys! This is the dress below:

Also apologise for this poor quality of this chapter, my mind was clearly elsewhere

Also apologise for this poor quality of this chapter, my mind was clearly elsewhere. I'll try to do better!