Chapter 51 - Checkup

Ally's POV:

A week has gone by, I felt my self recovering and the pain subsiding.
Monday 21st October. The day for my checkup. I really hope I get told I don't need this stupid wheelchair anymore.

But that's the least of my worries. I still get the odd morning sickness, I do it silently so Michael doesn't hear. And I don't really see any bump on my tummy, however, I do have mood swings now and then. And, I've missed my period.

I don't want to find out if I'm pregnant, I'm not ready for that. At least not now. What if Michael never wanted a-my baby? God I'm so scared. A-and if I am, it will be hard to hide it from him. I know it wouldn't be Alex's baby because I don't think he climaxed inside me and I felt sickness before that incident occurred, thank God.

But then again, what if it's just a virus I caught? Maybe I'm worrying too much and jumping to conclusions too fast. A sign of stress too huh? Ugh stop it Allison, you're worrying again, focus on the positives.

I get changed, walking around my room more easily now. I grab my coat and handbag and plop myself down in the wheelchair, might actually miss this old thing.

I knock on Michael's bedroom door and open it. I see him putting on his tightie whities! I chuckle and immediately shut the door.
He hears me shut it and yells, "Ally you naughty girl!"

"Oh hurry up, I don't want to be late for the appointment." I yell back.

"I'll be just a minute." He shouts.

Within a minute he opens his door fully dressed.
"You weren't lying." I nudge his arm and he wheels me out.

***

We arrive at the hospital and check in at the reception. We take a seat in the waiting area.
I chew my nip nervously, the churning feeling in the pit of my stomach building up by the monotonous sound of the second hand ticking of the hospitals clock.

"Ally, you look nervous, are you alright?" Michael asks me grabbing my hand.

"Just uh, just hope everything has healed now, I don't want there to still be a problem." I say with a slight giggle.

"Well, don't worry about it. You don't feel experience any sort of pain anymore so I'm sure it'll be fine. You've got nothing to worry about!" He says chucking on the last note.

I giggle with him and nod my head to make him think I'm totally fine, when in reality, I'm shitting bricks.

"Miss Skylars?" A nurse walks into the room holding the door open.

"That's me." I smile.

"If you would like to follow me." She smiles guiding a out of the doors, I take Michael's hand.

She led us to a small room with pink walls, it has her table and computer, and a hospital bed also.

We take a seat opposite her by her desk.

"Right, Allison, am I right?" She asks and I nod.

"Now I've just taken a look at the document I have been sent for you from, Japan?"

"Y-yeah, that's where all this happened." I said awkwardly.

"Oh ok, now I understand it must have been very tough, but I believe you have started to feel a great recovery since then?"

"Mmhm." I respond.

"Wonderful, could you please walk from this side of the room to the other side for me please." She instructs.

I nod and do so.

"Did you feel stable and secure at all times?" She asks writing on a paper.

"Um- yes, yes I feel stable. Just a slight pain still, but very slight."

"Mmhm." She nods looking down at her papers, as I take a seat back down.

"That sounds perfectly normal to me, now if you would like to stand please." I do so.

She presses down on my abdomen softly.

"Does that hurt at all?"

"Not really, just a little pressure."

"Ok, I need to do one last checkup. I will doing some X-ray scans to view your vaginal area and placental site to make sure there has been full recovery. Now it's up to you if you would like your boyfriend to-"

"Oh we're just good friends." I interrupt her, earning slight frown from Michael but I guess he shrugs it off.

"Oh, pardon me, would you like him to come in with you, or would you prefer to be alone?"

I look at Michael and nod my head.
"I think I can do this alone."

"Sure?" He asks.

"Yeah." I smile and he kisses my cheek before I walk off into the scanning tool with the nurse. I had no idea as to what news I was about to discover.