Finale - My Extraordinary Childhood Friend

Lady Rin's Note:

This chapter is dedicated...

...to all who supported...

...to our first ever fantasy story!

Thank you! Enjoy! ^^

February 14, A.N.A. 1316
City of Morato
Empire of Nova Ascia.

Lily/Azusa's POV:

" I, Alyssa Lynnette Isabella Nicolette, will take this man, Akihiko, to be my husband for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, till death do us part."

Though Valentine's Day is not known in Nova Ascia, as compared with Akihiko's world, February 14 is a very special day for my home...as Akihiko and I...called by my own people as "The Hero and Heroine of Nova Ascia", exchanged our vows...and start a new life together...

"I, Akihiko, will take this lady, Alyssa Lynnette Isabella Nicolette, to be my wife for rich or for poor, in sickness and in health, till death do us part."

"By the power vested in me by Her Majesty, Empress Angelica Diana, I hereby pronounce you, Princess Alyssa Lynnette Isabella Nicolette and Akihiko Koizumi...wife and husband! Sir Akihiko, you may now kiss the bride..."

Upon the proclamation of the officiator designated by the Empress, we faced each other to seal our love...

"Lily, thank you for being a part of my life." Akihiko told me. "I promise that not a single day will be spent uselessly... I promise to take care of you...and protect you for the rest of our lives.

"Hehehe! Thank you, Akihiko-kun." I responded to his promise. "My love...thank you for saving me...and accompany me to fulfill my promise...to my parents and my people...to liberate our home. From now on...I will dedicate my life to you...paying the debt that I will forever owe to you...

As tears rolled from my eyes out of gratitude, Akihiko kindly wipes it out and pats my head...

"Lily, a princess doesn't cry a lot." Akihiko punned at me. "Remember, we start a new adventure together, so don't be afraid, okay?"

"Hehehe...okay...thank you...Akihiko-kun."

And with that, I finally decided to kiss my husband first...it's now settled, Akihiko is not only my familiar...but also my husband. He is also been given by the Empress the title "Prince of Nova Ascia"! Yaay! I can now call my husband "Prince Charming"! Hehehe!!!

After taking part in a procession throughout the city, we decided to celebrate our wedding back in Akihiko's world. To be exact, the cliff side of Izanagi Shrine, the same place where Akihiko proposes to me more than a month ago. Rin along with the other shrinemaidens organized the simple party for us. Napoleon and Darwin gave some gifts for Akihiko, while Danica, Danielle and Regine gave their gifts to me. Patrons of Izanagi Shrine send some wishes to us...hoping that we will make a happy family someday.

On the following day, I resumed my work as the chief shrine maiden. Ever since Akihiko's mother entrusted this position to me, I have already mastered all the duties and responsibilities that upholds with it. In fact, I am already widely known across Tokyo for being cheerfulness to my patrons, just for those who tries to desecrate the shrine, devout because of how deep my prayer is when I face the altar...and most of all...I was widely known because of my usual performance of the sacred dance...using my magic to make my lifeless legs move, along with my entire body, according to the beat of the dance.