22 - Adventure

August 1, A.N.A. 1315
Usce, Nova Ascia

Regine's POV:

Princess Lily is back in her home, with a new orders for me and the troops...

"Occupy the town's surrounding areas. Make sure that no Imperial Forces will penetrate and if they do, neutralize them at all costs."

"Yes, Your Highness!" The resounding reply from our troops.

Lily then turned her attention to me, as the in command of the troops.

"Regine...I will lend you my familiar Akihiko to you. I assure you that he will be a great help to you." Lily then turned to his familiar and boyfriend. "Akihiko-kun, take good care of Regine, okay?"

"Yes, Lily!"

We then began marching towards the first nearby town. And upon us, a group of Imperial Forces quickly appeared before us and attacks.

"An ambush!" I quickly warned them all. "Quick! Prepare ourselves!"

"Regine! Stay with me so we can work together!" Akihiko directed me.

"Okay!"

I stand back to back with Akihiko as soldiers start coming right at us. Our tactics are either blind my opponent with my fire before Akihiko stabbing him with his sword, or just using our own skills individually, depending on our distance from that soldier. With our combined skills alongside with the improved training of our troops, we are able to repel the forces and make us chase them into the town, where coincidentally, a mass protest is happening around the town hall. The protesters help us to storm the hall and formally liberate the town...

"Wow...that was fast..." Akihiko reacted. "I thought that this is their base in preparation for a counterattack in Usce."

"Probably not." I replied. "There are still two towns surrounding Usce, one of which is surrounded itself by a thick jungle, so if the Imperial Forces are used to those conditions, it might be their base..."

Though that jungle town is a big potential for an enemy camp, we decided not to take any risks any proceed to another but accessible town surrounding Usce. Strangely enough, there are no signs of enemy presence around.

"Umm...excuse me sir, may I ask if what happened to the soldiers here?" So I decided to ask a random bystander...

"I don't here any news about them, but all that I could hear is it seems that would retreat in the jungle town nearby..."

"OK, I understand..."

If we want to occupy the remaining town, we need to deal with the jungle." I told Akihiko and my troops. "We need to split into two groups so that we will be able to know the path to the town, okay?"

"Yes, mam!"

Our troops is divided into two groups: the first one will track the northern trail of the jungle, while the second group, including me and Akihiko, will track the southern trail, which is the most treacherous of the jungle.

"Tormento Ignis!!!" I cast flames to remove the bushes that hinders our way, as Akihiko slashes into it to finish the job.

"Akihiko, I wonder if you became my familiar...I'm jealous on how you and Lily work together." I told him while we cross the terrain.

"Huh? Why are you telling me that?" Akihiko is confused on what I have said. "Of course we can work together even I'm not your familiar."

"What?!?! Are you saying that I'm not eligible to have a familiar?!?!" I'm pissed by Akihiko's argument and shouted at him.

"What? No! I don't meant to say that!" Akihiko is even more troubled by my mood. "I don't really know how I become a familiar, aside that I saved a princess. In fact, you should tell me how because you are a mage, right?"

Sigh...perhaps he really understand how a familiar works...what he only knows is working together is already fine for him.

"Anyway, sorry if I don't understand what you are say-"

"Whoa! Look out!!!" I pushed Akihiko away from an incoming Imperial Forces soldier and counterattack. "Impetum Ignis!!!

I was able to neutralize the soldier but I noticed...that behind the bushes...we are surrounded by the Imperial Forces...we have been separated from our group...whether they find the town for themselves or not...there is no turning back now...and then, Akihiko snaps an idea...

"Regine! Listen! I have an idea!" Akihiko tells me. "Fuse your flames into my sword...I will do something to deal with this guys."

"Hey! Did you think that this...is dangerous? I don't ever done this technique before...

"Regine...you said that you want to work together with me, right?" Akihiko smiled at me and winked. "Well then, let's help together now and trust me for a moment, okay?"

I smiled back at her and trust at him...so I decided to put the spell on his sword and merge the magic together...

"Arma Ignis Fusione!!!"

I put my hands into Akihiko's sword and slowly, the magic within the his sword reacts with the flame magic that it is within my hands...and it becomes a flamming sword...but...this is not an ordinary magical and flamming sword...we hold the sword together towards the onlooking soldiers and...

"HIYAAAA!!!" We slashed the sword together...forming a huge flaming force wave...throwing the soldiers out of our way and at the same time, putting themselves into flames.

Both of us are startled by what have just happened...as I said, I never did this technique before...

"Umm...Akihiko...do you ever deal with this skill before with...Lily?"

"Umm...the force wave...with that something? Nope...not even once." Akihiko replied. "Anyway, the town is up ahead! Let's go!"

We quickly ran towards the edge of the jungle and into the village...but yet again...the only thing that we can see are our own troops and the villagers...not knowing that something's happened while we're still not arrived.

"Mam, we have annihilated the Imperial Forces when we arrived here in the village. They tried to dispatch a group of troops to ambush you both and take you as an hostage."

"Yes, we already know that. We have just beaten them down." I replied to the soldier. "But I noticed that nobody is leading them unlike when we invaded Usce. I wonder why..."

Nevertheless...like the two previous towns, the villagers welcome us with great joy. We have finally liberated them from the regime. But something's not right...if my memory serves right...even in this border towns...they have the most elite Imperial Forces in hand...can defend themselves...even from the combined attack that I did with Akihiko...but now...why there gone...hmm...

Meanwhile...
Imperial Castle, Morato City, Nova Ascia.

Third person's POV:

General Castillo has ordered that all of the elite troops of the Imperial Forces across the country to report to him immediately for an important announcement...

"Gentlemen, we have already reported activities of Princess Lily's insurgent troops around the border. We need to make a tactical plan to counteract their advance and capture the Princess."

As the General continues to orient the troops, Empress Angelica Diana looks on...in prison...

"...sigh...this is already gone too far..."