47 - New Year

December 31, 2014
Isanagi Shrine
Tokyo, Japan

Akihiko's POV:

"Here! These are the things that you should do." Rin hands over the list containing the usual duties Azusa, as the chief shrinemaidem, is doing. "Good thing that you brought somebody to help you, because being the chief shrine maiden is very difficult for you to handle."

"Thank you for accommodating us!" Danica and Danielle bowed their heads in gratitude to Rin, then turns to me. "Akihiko, we will do our best to help you...just teach us how to do it, okay?"

"Sure! Why not?!" I winked at them as response.

We decided to split the work of Azusa: Danica will deal with the multitude of people who will expect to come to wish for the new year, Danielle will be taught by Rin in dancing the New Year Sacred Dance, and I will deal with the altar works...

Danica's POV:

"...huff...huff..." It's just late in the afternoon but I'm already panting...that's because there are so many people here in the shrine...now I know how difficult Azusa's job here...perhaps this is already a glimpse on how difficult to be a princess like her when it comes to dealing with people.

"Here! Here! Don't disrupt the flow of the queue." I reminded the people uneasy by the long lines. "Don't worry, you will get your wishes in no time."

But this has no effect to them...hour by hour...the weather starts to get to take a toll upon them...though they have wore thick jackets, sweaters and boots, they started to be shiver over the sometimes harsh cold weather...and eventually, they started to leave the shrine. Oh no! If Azusa will see this, I'm busted! I need to get an idea to get this people stay on the line...how will Akihiko will be able to propose to Azusa with this situation?

Oh wait...I saw an idea...a man within the queue...who has some foods to sell.

"Excuse me, sir. Can you sell those foods on your bag?" I began to ask him.

"Well...yeah." The man smiled faintly. "But...how can I sell all of these...I tried it myself earlier but nobody's buying my stuff..."

"Hmm...how about I buy all of these?" I then take out the money that Akihiko gave to me before we leave the house. "Then you offer the foods to them for free?"

The man smiled brightly at me as I gave the money. His problem has been solved...the man then turned to the queue to sell the food for free...and guess what? They sell like pancakes! The people in the queue has able to buy out all the food the man has in the bag...that will keep the people in the line for awhile.

Danielle's POV:

"Tonight, we will gonna do the sacred dance." Shrine maiden Rin has instructed me. "So as early as now, I need to teach you."

Rin demonstrated me the moves of the sacred dance. I didn't know that...this dance is too difficult...I wonder why Azusa is doing this very exquisitely...

I try to dance it on my own but I can't hold on to the beat of the sacred dance. I even tripped over towards the end of the chant..and that makes Rin take a deep sigh...

"...sigh...if you can't dance it properly, why did you even wanted to do it?" Rin asked me as she helped me to get up.

"That's because I want to repay my debt to Akihiko." I replied firmly. "I'm doing this to lessen Akihiko's work today so he could propose to Azusa later tonight."

"Wait...did you say...Akihiko will propose to Azusa?! KYAAA!!!" Rin flirted in glee. "Okay...okay...I'll will demonstrate the moves again. Make sure you will follow me, understand?"