32 - Unify

Danica's POV:

"I know a spell in my book that would silence everybody who doesn't respect me. So unless you stop fighting about random stuff and all, I'm not afraid to use it!"

Huh? I was awakened by that shout...when I sat up, I noticed that Princess Lily is gone...so I go down to check the lobby if she's there...

Yep...Lily is in the lobby...with a boy and elf talking with her. I decided to just peek in the stairs and eavesdrop on their conversation...

"Alright...no more fighting, okay? Now tell me, Darwin...is there something that you're hiding from your cousin that resents you?" Lily asked the elf.

"He treated me as a sub-human...no, not only him, but everyone in this city!" Darwin explained. "He only calls me just to pass on the hardest tasks that the King is assigning to you. We're the ones who is sacrificing the most, while you humans are just sitting around, with your precious money and spending not to help us, but to make your own pleasure!!!"

"No, I don't!" The boy replied. "And do you remember the time that I really helped you? When your village is under attack by the gnomes?"

"Liar!!! The only thing the you did to us is to advice us on what we are gonna do with them! You actually don't join us to fight against them! You only see us suffer!!!"

"What?! At least we helped you to save your village!" The boy refuted back.

"NOOO!!! YOU DON'T!!!"

"SHUUUT UUUP!!! BOOOTH OF YOOOU!!!" Lily shouted at them to end the feud, then turned to the boy. "Napoleon, I need you to tell me your side..."

"Yes, Princess..." Napoleon starts to explain himself. "It's not my fault that I hate my cousin...or the elves...my father told me that I should hate the elves because...my father disgusted them...in fact...he was notorious for killing them for no reason at all...and before he forced himself into hiding as he was pursued by the authorities for what he had done, he reminded me that if I can't continue underestimate the elves, he will kill me next...I don't have a choice..."

"Blah! Blah! Blah! Tell that to the judge when you'll prosecuted for all that did against me and the elves. Do you want to enumerate one by one?"

"Darwin...please, stop." Lily intervened to stop another round of fighting. "Is there a way to end this rift?"

"No! As long as Napoleon pays for what he had done to us elves, I will never...ever forgive him!!!"

Lily/Azusa's POV:

...sigh...do I really need to solve this problem by myself?

"Tutela inermium, destruendo malos, tradentes lucem et stabilienda pace. Aperi! Nova Ascia Imperialis Scriptura Veritatis!!!"

...sigh...I really need to use a spell from the Book of Truth to know what's on their mind...

"Don't worry guys...I'm just finding a way for you to make up by myself..." I told the cousins.

"Mentis Lectionem!!!" And then...I heard their internal voices...

"...sigh...when will this be end? He's not the one who suffers the most...I am...I'm really forced by my father to do this...I swear...and now...Darwin has rejected me for so long...sigh..."

And while Napoleon is regretting his fault on his mind...for Darwin...

"...sigh...if he really know what's in my mind...a "sorry" might be a start..."

I smiled about their thoughts, even though they are visibly hating each other...there is still a chance to, at least, make up so...

"Guys...if anybody has the courage to say sorry, go ahead..."

After my advice to both of them...nobody dared to apologize to each other for a few moments until...Napoleon stand up...and kneel before his cousin elf...

"Umm...Darwin...sorry...I don't know what hit me...it's so hard that I treat my cousin...my brother in blood...so badly...so please...forgive me..."

Darwin grins and laughed at him...

"Huehehe...I'll forgive you, alright!" Darwin challenged his cousin. "But...if you beat me in a one on one sword battle!"

"OK, if that's what you want..."

The cousins then walked out of the castle and gets their swords that they dropped earlier while I follow them until the castle's entrance to observe them. After few moments of preparation...

"Let's go!!! HIYAAAA!!!" They finally engage into a sword battle; they demonstrated exemplary performance as they managed to make strong slashes...which are deflected by each other's dodges and deflections...as their battle became more fiercer...like they are really rivals..they are professionals...more professional even than my familiar Akihiko...they can help me to liberate my home Nova Ascia.

"Umm...guys...you can stop fighting now..."

My simple plea to them melted the heated competition between Darwin the elf and his human cousin Napoleon. With their smile on their faces...

"Sorry, Princess for the disturbance, but we always do this to lessen our hate with each other..." Darwin explained.

"Wait, what?! I thought you hate Napoleon so much!" I startled with his explanation.

"Of course, I absolutely hate him! I'm so close to killing him...augh!!! Why are you always treated me so harshly, Napoleon?!" Darwin released his resentment to his cousin again.

"I said I'm sorry, okay?!"

"Hehehe! I'm just messing with you!" Darwin laughed and tapped Napoleon's back. "Now...what is the thing do you want to talk about, cousin?"

"Well... Princess Lily is needing the help of our militias to reclaim her throne in Nova Ascia." Napoleon explained what we talked earlier. "Will you want to help her?"

"Well...she made you apologized after all...and regained our friendship...so in gratitude for making that happen...I, Darwin, The Elf, will lead my army to help Princess Lily of Nova Ascia towards her cause!"

"And so do I!" Napoleon also accepted my plea.

"Re-really?! Kyaaa!!! Thank you! Thank you so much! Hehehe!!!" I wheeled myself forward and shake their hands in gratitude...not knowing that somebody is about to pat in my back without any warning...

"Princess Li-"

"EEEEK!!!" Napoleon and Darwin laughed at me when I was startled by Danica's calling. "Danica!!! Why do you do that?!"

"Oh! Oh! So-sorry! I'm not mean to do that!" Danica scratched her head and covers her mouth. "It's just I'm impressed about how you make the cousins up..."

"Wait...you stalked me?!?!" I asked her angrily...

"Um...a really bit? Hehehe! Sorry!" Danica giggled on her stand. "But seriously though, you're really good in dealing with people, especially with these problems."

"Well...that's a princess are for, right? Helping people is my specialty! Hehehe!" I happily replied to my friend with a wink.

"Princess Lily! Princeeess Lilyyy!!!" And then, somebody called me from up above the castle. "The King wants to see you now!