8 - The Real Mage

October 2, 2005
Izanagi Shrine, Tokyo, Japan

Lily/Azusa's POV:

I woke up...in a matress...within the temple. Surrounded by my shrine maidens and Akihito-kun.

"Phew! You're awake! I was worried about you!" An uneasy Akihiko speak to me. "What happened, Azusa-chan? I just saw you fainted on the altar!"

"Umm...it's just...I saw a monster there..." I replied as I sat up.

"A monster, huh?" A curious shrine-maiden named Rin spoke to me. "Can you describe it, Azusa-chan?"

 "Can you describe it, Azusa-chan?"

"Umm...I can't remember clearly but...it looks like it wears a black hoodie. I don't see his face...I only see red eyes...his hands...it is filled with blood and in one hand...he holds a broken sword that turns into a scythe...and it's like glowing dark..."

"Ooh...I see." Rin then concluded. "This might be the powerful phantom ghost that floats around this shrine for the past centuries."

"Wha-waaah!!!" I cling on Akihiko by fear. "Di-did you say gho-ghost?!"

"Yes, Azusa-sama." The curious shrine-maiden continued. "He is a innocent samurai who was unjustly murdered because of mistaken identity for a notorious shogun. We have received reports around the city of some people died upon seeing this phantom ghost. You're lucky, Azusa-sama that you escaped."

Upon hearing this...I shivered in fear...I just escaped death again...sniff...I don't want to die! Huhuhu!!!

"There...there..." Akihiko hugged me when he saw me wept. "So what should we do?"

"We need to initiate the sacred dance altogether once we see it again." Another shrine-maiden suggested. "If this won't work, we will resort to magic."

"But when we will see the ghost?" I followed up.

"The next possible appearance will be tonight. There will be a full moon tonight so that's a opportunity. But be warned that this phantom ghost will not be saw clearly so be alert!"

Out of fear, I never left the temple or spoke to everyone until sundown. I can't take it! I'm too scared to fight someone who nearly take my life, even my fellow shrine-maidens will come up to help me...

"Minna-san, please come outside of the temple grounds immediately!"

Against my will, I pushed myself into my wheelchair, get a pair of sticks that has small bells in it - that is used to guide spirits - and wheeled myself out to the temple grounds, where all of my fellow shrine maidens are preparing for the phantom ghost.

"Are you ready to bust that ghost out of here?"

I don't responded to Akihiko's question and just smiled faintly at him. As the night became deeper and the full moon appears into the sky...