46 - Christmas

December 24, 2014
Tokyo, Japan

Akihiko's POV:

"Huh?! A surprise?!"

"Yep! Why don't you believe me? Hehehe!" Azusa giggled at me as we make our way home. "It's Christmas night, remember?"

"Yeah, I know that...I'm just wondering...how could you plan a party like that...on this day...that I'm supposed to die?"

"Hey! Stop talking about death, okay?" Azusa's tone became a little serious. "Do you know that I am already alive a week after we fought General Castillo? I'm excited to plan a party for Christmas...assuming that you will wait for me...but when I heard that you're mourning so much over me...I decided to help you first..."

"I'm so sorry if I caused you trouble..."

"No...you don't have to apologize." Azusa then smiled at me. "If it wasn't for me, you will be long dead. Just...don't make me worry, OK?"

Lily/Azusa's POV:

As we approach his house...

"Akihiko, I will blindfold you! Hehehe!" I giggled as I put out my handkerchief and covered Akihiko's eyes. "Just hold on unto my shoulder and follow me, okay?"

I limped my way slowly into his house...I opened the door slowly and guided Akihiko into the dark...silent and cold lobby of his house.

"Okay, Akihiko-kun! You can now open my handkerchief now."

Akihiko untied the blindfold and saw the darkness of the atmosphere...

"Huh? Azusa-chan, why is so dark in he-whoa!!!"

"SURPRISE!!!" Regine opened the lights and led the greetings. "MERRY CHRISTMAS, AKIHIKO-KUUUN!!!"

Aside from her...Danica, Danielle, Napoleon, Darwin and Alice were there to celebrate Christmas with us. They have prepared all day for this once in a lifetime opportunity...a Christmas dinner...with his new family...

"Huh? Wow...I can't believe this..." Akihiko is visibly startled by our surprise. "I really thought that I will be alone ever since Azusa was supposed to be dead..."

"That's why I'm here...I came back to life just for you..." I looked to Akihiko and responded. "I planned this special dinner with my friends...and I bring you back to life to dedicate this dinner to you...because I'm grateful...grateful that you helped me unite with my friends...to fulfill my promise to my father...to liberate our home...Akihiko-kun, will you share your Christmas with us?"

"Yes, Azusa-chan. Yes, you should."

And with the approval of Akihiko, our Christmas dinner has finally begin. It was a night to remember, as talk and laughter filled the atmosphere: talking and sharing about their past experiences over delicious and scrumptious food, laughing off the best times that we had, and my friends even wanted me and Akihiko to teach them sing some Christmas carols! Hehehe! But regardless of the outcome...at the end of all of this, Akihiko is visibly happy...for he has given another chance...to have a brand new life...and to have at least a family...

Danica, Danielle, Napoleon, Darwin and Alice spend the week with me and Akihiko in Tokyo...especially that it is Alice's turn to be introduced to the city; good thing that her mother Empress allowed her to do so. Hehehe! We really give Alice a brand new modern look...especially a new shades in replacement to the bandages for her blind eyes...now she looks very cool! Hehehe!

And now...New Year's Eve arrived...and I never expect what will happen next

December 31, 2014
Tokyo, Japan

"Yaaawwn...good morning, Akihiko-kun! It's New Year's Eve! Hehehe! I'm so excited to go back as the chief...shrine...maiden...huh?"

I sleep beside Akihiko last night, but why he is gone early in the morning?

"Umm...Regine...do you know where Akihiko is?" I ask the only person left in Akihiko's house.

"Oh, yes! Akihiko just left to the Izanagi Shrine." Regine replied. "He said that he's going to help you with your busy chores today."

Huh? That's odd...usually he goes to the shrine with me...and he always entrusts all of the difficult shrine duties to me since I manage to work on it without a hinch. Hmm...something's fishy...I better need to get to the shrine immediately! Besides, its shrine house holds the same amenities as Akihiko's! Hehehe!

"Regine! Please bring me my shrine maiden outfit." I commanded my best friend. "You can find it in the cabinet in my room."

"Azusa-chan! It's already here!" Wait, what?! Akihiko don't usually put out my outfit way before I ask him to get it. No really, there is something...really going on here!

Regine's POV:

I accompanied Azusa out of Akihiko's house, and pushed her in a wheelchair to prevent the princess to be fatigued...

"Regine...it seems that Akihiko suddenly changed today." Azusa told me. "He doesn't work this way before. If anything, I always do most of the shrine works."

"Really? Probably he changed his attitude as a way of being grateful to you...for giving him a second chance." I replied.

"Oh, is that so? Hehehe! I'm glad to here to hear that." Azusa giggled and sighed in relief.

But...actually...the real reason that Akihiko left early to the shrine is that...he has a plan for Azusa...something that she might never forget...

Last night, before Akihiko goes to bed with Azusa, he told me...

"Regine...can I ask you a favor to you?"

"Oh, sure!" I smiled at him. "Don't worry, I will keep this as our secret! Hehehe!"

"Hehehe! Thank you." Akihiko smiled back at me and revealed his secret. "Umm...within the past week, Napoleon, Darwin helped me on my proposal to Azusa...I want to marry her..."

"Wha-wha-wha-wha-what?!?! Ma-marry her?!?! Eeeek!!!" I covered my mouth to hide my flirtness. "So...what are you gonna do?"

"Um...I will try my best to do all Azusa's duties as the chief shrine maiden this New Year's Eve... in the past week I convinced Danica and Danielle to work with me...while Napoleon and Darwin will help for the surprise...so...can I entrust you to prevent Azusa from spoiling the surprise?"

After hearing all of this...all that I did is to smile brightly at him...as I was telling him that I'm ready to do it...

"Akihiko...you know that I'm always ready to do whatever it takes...especially if it is a favor from the person that saved my life! Hehehe!"

And now, New Year's Eve, I'm ready to pay the debt that I owe to Akihiko...by helping him propose to the Princess...and The Great Heroine of Nova Ascia!