14 - Homecoming

May 7, 2014
Akihiko's POV:

"Are you sure that you will not get hurt this time?" Azusa worriedly asked Regine.

"Of course! I just make a magic signal to my colleagues there so they can open the portal. We managed to create a machine to open it for us." Regine happily replies. "Oh! By the way, I should call you Azusa while we're here, right?"

"Yes. Thanks for reminding yourself."

For one day, Regine, Azusa and I will take a visit into the seat of government in exile. Regine said that it is located in the border town of Niño in the nearby kingdom of Alaniab.

We stopped in an alley and Regine cast a spell...

"Vexillum et erípe aperire ostium..."

After casting the spell, it seems that nothing have happened, until moments later, a large portal opened before us. We joined hands together as we step inside the portal...we then began to feel weightless...until we began to accelerate like a fast moving car...we experienced this stage for a minute or so...until we're thrown out of the portal...and noticed...we are in a different world...

A town that looks like we're in the countryside, there are few houses on sight, with more farmlands and a series of mountains at the backdrop.

Then suddenly, somebody from the crowd shouted...

"Brothers and sisters, the rightful Empress has finally arrived!!!"

Quickly, the people of the village surrounded us, kneel and bow down at Azusa. Azusa, on the other hand, froze in gladness by what the people did for her. She had nothing to do but to smile back at them.

We arrived at the simple bungalow with the facade has a sign stating "The Seat of the Government-in-Exile of the Rightful Empress of Nova Ascia."

"Come! Come! We have set a breakfast for all of you!" Regine happily guide us towards the dining room, and offered us some food.

And as we dine in the table, Azusa is visibly curious on Regine's identity. I know that they just met once so I suppose that Azusa might have some questions in mind...

"Umm...Regine. Sorry, if I don't have time to acquaint each other in the past. If you can just describe yourself or something..."

Regine smiled at Azusa's embarrassed face, as she was saying that she is willing to tell it all.

"Well...I'm the youngest of the three siblings of a powerful Duke of the town south of your capital Morato. All of my sisters have given good magic powers, while I don't. My family rejected me for that and I was forced to transfer to your city to practice magic. I really can't learn anything...until you taught me how to float that porcelain."

"Umm...yeah. But I wonder why this single meeting with you changed your life?" Azusa is confused by her testimony.

"It doesn't matter. It's just you motivated me to continue. Being taught by royalty like you, Princess Lily is already a never forgetting experience. You taught me how to focus on your magic and because of that, I have excelled in magic. Now, I'm proud to say that I'm leveled you! Hehehe!!! And for all that you teach me, even we only meet once, I search you and found you, to pay the debt that I owe..."

Quickly, Azusa stood up and hugged Regine very tightly...

"Regine, no worries. You had already paid your debt..."

This emotional scene lasted for moments and I just stared at them happily. Little did I noticed that they stared back at me.

"Hehehe! Sorry for the outburst." Regine said to me. "You can ask me question. Don't worry! I won't bite! Hehehe!"