24 - General

General Ronald Castillo's POV:

My grandfather was a slave...

And my father was murdered...

And that's because of the royalties!

That is why my father...before he died, he told his last will...

"Ron...my son...put everyone in the monarchy...into death...avenge...my...death..."

Ever since that day, those words are the only things that comes into my mind...to repay the blood had been shed by my father...with the blood of the monarchy.

My family has a distinct magic of controlling people...and establishing networks of people controlling people...for me this is dark magic...an opportunity to achieve my goals...

My first step is to enter the Imperial Forces. Everybody was startled on my skills especially when I defeated their dragon as part of their examinations...

"Velox Duratus Draco!!!"

Without hesitation, I cast a spell to freeze the fire dragon to his death. Nobody in my class full of newbies has learned that trick in just one touch.

I was one of the most respected in the Imperial Forces since then, slowly I rose in the ranks...until I was the youngest General of the Imperial Forces, gaining access to the royalty that I wanted.

But then...somebody has caught my attention...yeah...she is a Princess...but there is something I can use of her...her beauty...her brains...I can use of her as my decoy...

"Young Miss, can I talk to you for awhile?" I ask her when we met outside the castle

"Certainly, friend. Come with me."

Immediately, I have earned the trust of Princess Angelica Diana. During that time, she is known for helping people in need in every way she can. And now, she will accept my offer...

Well...sir. What will be your business to me. Is there a matter that I can help you?"

"I am Ronald Castillo from the Imperial Forces. I'm honored to talk with you, Young Miss." I introduce myself as courtesy. "I would like to first ask you...do you royalties have a distinct kind of magic than ours?"

"Yes. You're right, my friend." Angelica replied in my inquiry.

"And...does your family searched for magic that you can control anybody that you want...that nobody will able to oppose you?"

"Well...umm...yeah, sort of. But I will gonna use it just to finish our projects easily." The Princess is visibly confused on what she would do about her answer.

"Well then, I just discovered a spell that could help you with that. If you want, I can lend it to you..."

"Really?!?! Hehehe! Sure!" Angelica happily accepted the offer.

"In fact...I will help you to become the new Empress of Nova Ascia as soon as possible." And I raised up the offer...with a catch..."But you will need to pay a cost..."

"Woah! Woah! Woah! That is a little bit of the line. I don't want to become an Empress in an instant! I just want to-uuughh!!!"

I don't care what the Princess complained to me...because...as long as she agrees with every words, decisions and action I tended to made...it will be no problem...that's the only rule...

"Imperium Romanum Cohortes Protinus!!!"

With this spell...I can move...and decided another person's words, actions and moves for me. I short...the heir to the throne of Nova Ascia will be my puppet now...

I intentionally put the Princess into a rebellion plot and expulsion from the succession line...to put the blame on Emmanuel and his family and destroy them...except for one...Princess Lily. She was prophesized as the most powerful mage in Nova Ascia, and if I take my hands into her immense magic powers...I can finally rule the empire with an iron fists...and nothing can stop me!

The devastation caused by the earthquake in Morato City was an opportunity to make my move to realize my lifelong goal...to topple the monarchy and assume total control of the country...

"This is useless! Is the monarchy doing anything for us?!

"No, General." My right hand officer responded me. "All of the funds are used for the reconstruction of the city after the earthquake."

"Foolish! If that's the case, why there are still many people frustrated on it?! You know what? That's it! I had enough! Tonight, mobilize all the troops of our division and storm the castle. Capture the family, especially that little princess. If we capture her, we have the absolute power to control the entire empire and nothing will oppose us!"

"Is that mean that you will assume power, Sir?" The officer inquired me

"Not exactly. We have another princess in the linage that supports us. Once, we have overthrown the Emperor, she will take his place."

Throughout the day, as the monarchy is doing it can to save the victims of the earthquake, I called all the officials under my command to prepare for the rebellion against Emperor Emmanuel. And at nightfall, we rolled out: arresting anyone who has suspicious activities, killing those who resists them, and setting houses and establishments ablaze. Little by little, we occupied the city...until we stormed the castle. With a gun on my hand, I encountered the Emperor and the Empress.

"Your Majesty, surrender now."

"Yes, we are." The Emperor calmly replied. "Please do whatever you want for us. Just let us go!"

"I'll let you go alright...if you tell me where is your daughter!" I pointed out my fun towards them with a warning. "Otherwise, I will resort to another...but more painful means..."

"My daughter, you ask? I have no idea where she is." The Emperor quickly replied.

"Liar! You better start speaking or you will pay that consequences!"

"I told you mister, whatever you want to us...we really have no idea where my daugh-uugh!!!"

"Oops! My finger slipped." Before the Empress was ever to finish her side, I pulled the trigger and fired at the couple and they fall down immediately. "I guess my work here is done."