13 - Truth

Regine's POV:

"Flamma Movere Aeternam!"

Phew...the rich flames are back...my powers are now as good as new, thanks to Princess Lily! Good thing that I finally found her! And she is ready to fight with me!

But wait...who is the guy standing next to Lily? I noticed his glowing sword...and he even has runes! I thought only animals have such runes! I know that her parents teleported here for safety but...is he...her partner familiar? Umm...never mind. We've got a dragon to defeat...

"HIYAAA!!!" The boy with the glowing sword quickly run towards the dragon and started to make powerful slashes around its body, while...

"In Gehennam Ignis!!!" Lily continues to cast spells of balls of blue-colored fire into the dragon

Despite the attempts, the dragon remains standing and then, it whips its long tail to hit them both, causing them stumble and slid to the ground.

"AAAH!!! Umph!!!"

"It's no use. We can't defeat this giant." The boy immediately got up and concluded.

"Yeah...I thought that fire was this dragon's weakness and it seems that it doesn't bite." Lily added, who starts to float again in midair. That's when I decided to speak up...

"Fire is indeed it's weakness..."

"Huh? What do you mean, Regine?" Lily is visibly confused by my presumption.

"Your powers, Lily, is indeed strong that you have supposed to kill the dragon in an instant, but this dragon is not just ordinary." I explained it further. "The knights of the Empress tricked us by changing its weakness and this dragon doesn't give in to just a regular fire, even a blue-colored fire. We need to join forces together!"

"Well then, if that's the case, let's do it!" Lily smiled at me and began to join hands to join our magical forces. "Akihiko-kun, come with us, too!"

The boy...I mean Akihiko...nodded at Lily as he comes closer to her. I should ask him what is his current relationship to the Princess of Nova Ascia...but magic overtook me first...

"Alright, I will handle this..." Lily will about to cast a spell that would formally merged our powers to defeat the dragon. "Vetita Novae Caesareae Carmen Ascia...Magicae Paris Communicationem Excitant!!!"

A magic circle formed around us and started to illuminate slowly and then...a strange but refreshing feeling as a part of my powers is being exchanged by Lily's mysteriously immense magic. I also saw Akihiko's runes and sword glowing again...

"Now...shall we now attack?"

"With pleasure, Your Highness!" I quickly responded with a grin.

"HIYAAAA!!!" We started to charge again. As Akihiko strikes again to the dragon, Lily and I gather all of the magic that we had to produce a single attack enough to defeat the dragon. When we reached the tipping point...

"Akihiko-kuuun! Fall back!!!" Liliy shouted at him as a warning.

"Okay!" Once again, Akihiko retreated to give way for our attack.

"Duobus iunctis viribus, iustitia ministrari possit! Adeste, socii conflatile pila!!!"

A huge fireball...as hot as the surface of the sun...appeared before us, and it quickly collides with the dragon. It never roared...because the heat of the fireball disintegrates its skin...leaving its muscles...and its heart exposed...but..

"Eeek!!! Eeew!!!" Unexpectedly, Lily seems puked by what remains of the dragon. "I don't like this! Gross!!!"

"Huehehe!!! How will you become a great Empress if you can't neutralize a decomposing monster?" I reacted to her.