41 - Power

Regine's POV:

The grounds of the castle is already empty when we arrived there. The only thing that is noticeable around here is the flashes of light...and the sound of colliding metal...perhaps the battle between Princess Lily and her familiar Akihiko Koizumi...against General Ronald Castillo has begun...

"Guys...you need to watch each other." Empress Angelica reminded us. "Although we already noticed that this castle is deserted, we nees to watch for traps that General Castillo have probably left here..."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

We escorted the Empress up into the throne room...perhaps the Empress is secured with our contingent: two mages like me and Princess Alice...aside that the Empress herself is a master mage...then four swordsman: Danica, Danielle, Darwin and Napoleon. If anybody dares to attack Her Majesty...I'm sure that no one will get passed through our defenses.

"Kring!!! Kring!!!"

"Quick! The sound came from above!" Through Danica's command, we quickly run into the stairs up into the top floor...as the source of the sound was heard from the throne room. But when we reach the top...

"AAAAH....SPLAAAG!!!"

I saw Princess Lily and Akihiko being thrown out by General Castillo and slammed into the wall...out of desperation, I casted a fireball to prevent General Castillo from walking closer to them.

"In Gehennam Ignis!!!"

"WOAH!!! HEY!!! WHO DARES TO CHALLENGE ME?!?!" General Castillo dodged my fireball and shouted.

We decided to came in to the throne room...to help and protect Princess Lily and Akihiko...

"Princess Lily! Akihiko! Are you alright! Thank goodness we're not too late!"

"Yeah...I suppose." Lily replied as Darwin helps her to get up. "I thought we are through...thanks for helping us."

"EHEM! What are you all doing here?!" Ronald disrupted our conversation. "It supposed to be a fight between me and Princess Lily!"

"Hey! Who tells us that we are not allowed to help Princess Lily?!" Danica shouted back to Ronald. "We are here to help her to defeat you...not to mention we have her..."

Ronald was startled on what he had saw...it was the Empress Angelica Diana...who once under his control...and now she is turning against us.

"YOOOU!!! YOU TRAITOR!!!" Ronald angrily pointed at the Empress "After all that I've done to you?!?!"

"All that you've done to me?! The only thing that you did to me is using me for all of your stupid tricks?!"

"THAT'S IT!!! HAAAA!!!" Ronald quickly attacked the Empress with his sword...only to be deflected by Danielle.

"If you want to touch her...you must need to face us!!!"

Danielle, Danica, Darwin, Napoleon, Alice and me positioned ourselves in front of the General...all of us six...we are ready to protect the Empress, Princess Lily and Akihiko.

"Come on! Bring it!" Ronald taunted us to attack...

"Tempus Movere Magica Parem Translatio!!!" Alice and I lended some of our magic to the swords of my friends...I'm sure that with my four friends handling twin swords...we will defeat General Castillo.

"GUUUYS!!! ATTACK!!!" We started our offensive against the General...we bring everything that we got to defeat him...the sword skills of my friends...and the our flame and force spells with Alice, we throw everything at him...but we still see Ronald grins at us...as everything doesn't take a toll on him...

"Pathetic...Vis Unda Tenebris!!!" He cast his hand towards us...releasing a invisible force wave that throws us all out...slamming the wall. "Ha! You're just like the Princess! You are all weak!!!

"No, we're not!!! HAAA!!!" We quickly stood up and try attacking Finals again...and again...and again...but in vain, he just effortlessly repeats the same force wave spells all over again...until we're almost unable to fight anymore...

"Ha! Now all of your friends can't able to defend...it's now time face death, you traitors!!!"

"...huff...huff...No! You...can't!!!" Just as Ronald walks closer to the Empress and Princess Lily...I still stand up using all of my remaining energy...along with my friends...and blocks Ronald from getting closer. "Empress!!! Princess!!! You need to do some...thing...Princess?"

And then I noticed Princess Lily...illuminated by a bright light...as she begins to chant a spell...

"Tutela inermium, destruendo malos, tradentes lucem et stabilienda pace. Aperi! Nova Ascia Imperialis Scriptura Veritatis!!!"

Then...the Book of Truth appears in front of her...and riffled its pages...until it stopped towards the last pages of it...

"Guys...I am the most powerful mage in Nova Ascia...and I will be the one who will defeat this demon..." Princess Lily acclaims. "But I need all of your remaining magic...can I ha-"

"No need to ask, Your Highness. We are ready to give our all!" I smiled and quickly replied on my friend's call.

Darwin, Napoleon, Danica and Danielle points their swords towards the Princess...as she slowly absorbs the remaining magic that it contains...

"Here, Princess! Our powers are yours now!" Alice and I then casted our spell to pass on our powers to her. "Tempus Movere Magica Parem Translatio!!!"

We cast our hands towards her...releasing all of our remaining flame and force magic towards her body...illuminating it further.

"Guys...thank you." Princess Lily then turned to her familiar Akihiko, who is also illuminated by all of our powers given. "Now that all magic has been unto us, shall we fight now together, Akihiko-kun?"

"Of course, milady...huh?"

"Princess Lily, may I join you?" But then...the Empress pleas to Lily. "I don't have any powers to lend you off...but as the Empress, let me help you in this battle?"

"Of course, Your Majesty." Princess Lily smiled at her and accepted the offer. "As long as you're on the same boat...there will be no problem with it."

"Ehem! Are you done making commotions out there?" Once again, Ronald interrupted our conversation. "Because if you do, I'm gonna start killing all of you!

Hearing all of this, Princess Lily makes an evil grin upon him and replied...

"Come on, General! If you dare!!!"