45 - Final Battle

Akihiko's POV:

"Ugh...my eyes..."

I finally woke up with some snow blocking my eyes. When I wiped my eyes to clear it up...I saw Azusa...facing away from me as she starts to humming

"Lalalala..."

I sat up as I listen to the wonderful tune that she is making...it took a little while before she noticed that I am awake...and when she did...she giggled...and offered me her hand to get me up. But when she pulled me up...

"Woah...ah...aah!!!" Her sneakers slipped..and so do she...good thing that I caught her just when she began to fall...

"Gotcha!" I smiled to her. "I told you so!"

"Hehehe...told me what?"

"I told you that you will slip and fall when you pulled me up. Hehehe!" I recalled the first time that we fight together.

"Hehehe! You're probably right! Hehehe!!!"

Our endless laughing was soon to be disrupted by a rustle of the trees from the neighborhood...and turned our heads to it...we saw a group of soldiers in front of us...and pointing their swords to our faces...

"Surrender now! In the name of General Castillo!" The captain of the troops threatens us.

"Huh? What do you mean...pfft...hehehe!!!" I laughed at them because they didn't know what had happen to their superior.

"HEY! WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING AT US?!?!"

"Oh...sorry, my partner laughed so hard." Azusa explained for herself. "It's just...we're the ones who killed General Castillo..."

"Liars!!! Not to mention you are making treason to the empire!" The captain concluded. "Princess Lily, we would like to show you...how traitors like you will be executed!"

And so the group of soldiers positioned themselves and begins to morph into a werewolf...almost the same as the werewolf that I first fought when I saved Azusa. Sigh...this group of soldiers never understand that their superior is already dead and, if they did, will never accept it...

"Akihiko-kun!" Azusa called my attention.

"Yes?"

"Are you ready to fight together...one more time? Hehehe!" Azusa giggled and offers me.

"Sure thing...my beloved princess!" I winked at her and replied.

Azusa now begins to engage in a battle with me...against the last remaining troops of General Castillo's Imperial Forces.

"Vetita Novae Caesareae Carmen Ascia...Magus Princeps Imperii Pugna!!!" The magic circle appears starts to be illuminated...and spin around us...until Azusa begins to float...and I get the energy that I need.

Lily/Azusa's POV:

"Resolvere Infirmitatem!!!" I scanned the werewolf for any weakness...it turns out to be regular physical attacks. But...observing the werewolf's appearance and stance...this is almost the same as the werewolf I first faced seven months ago...so I won't let this monster trick me once again.

"Akihiko! Attack the werewolf at once!" I command my familiar. "I will take my own attack..."

Immediately, Akihiko charged towards the werewolf and inflicts multiple cuts to its body, while dodging from its claws and body charges...but...the werewolf is much stronger than the last one that we met...and when it stops from attacking and disappears...I already know what will happen next...

"Akihiko-kuuun!" I rushed towards him and holds his sword with him. "When the werewolf appears and release a electric ball, we must make a flaming force wave slash in one blow, understand?"

"Got it!"

"Vetita Novae Caesareae Carmen Ascia...Arma Ignis Fusione!!!" As I silently cast a spell to infuse my flames into his sword, Akihiko observes our surroundings for any signs of the werewolf...until it appears behind us and about to emit that electric ball...but not when my senses tingled first.

"NOW!!!" We turned back and give it all that we got. "AAAAAAH....HIYAAA!!!"

We create a powerful flaming force wave slash...that not only split the werewolf's oncoming electric ball into half, but also throw the werewolf outbalanced and blind.

"I got this!" Akihiko let me finish the werewolf "Vetita Novae Caesareae Carmen Ascia...Demon Imperii Ad Infernum!!!"

I feel my whole body illuminating...and within moments, from my chest...I emitted a thick beam of light that engulfs the werewolf...disintegrating all of its parts...until it reverted back...to the simple troop of soldiers...lying on the ground, but remains defiant to me. So I decided to hand them down...my final judgement.

"Tutela inermium, destruendo malos...huh?"

And from out of nowhere, Akihiko holds my hand, disrupting my incantation.

"Azusa-chan...I mean Princess Lily...can I help you finish this monster?" Akihiko offered me. "Don't worry, I already know the words...I heard that many times from you."

"Tee hee, why thank you!" I smiled and accepted his offer. "Well then, shall we start over?"

Akihiko nodded at me...as we close our eyes and enchant together...from the bottom of our hearts.

"Tutela inermium, destruendo malos, tradentes lucem et stabilienda pace. Aperi! Nova Ascia Imperialis Scriptura Veritatis!!!"

Akihiko's POV:

The Book of Truth appears right in front of us...and begins to riffle our its pages as usual...until it stopped in a certain page...the spell is written in Gothic letters and its pictures are drawn in medieval style. And when Azusa is ready, she turned the wand into staff and points it to our opponents...

"Et Videtur, Reus Est; Divinam sententiam!!!"

"HAAAAA!!!" As the beam of light appears, we give all energy that we got so these bunch of Imperial Forces soldiers...still loyal to their late General...to vanish, and be absorbed by the Book of Truth.

The Book of Truth closes...we started to descend back to the ground...the battle is over...

"Phew! That's refreshing! It's a pretty intense fi-whoa!!!"

I didn't finish what I am saying...when Azusa suddenly hugged me...and hold me tightly...

"I'm glad that I found you again, Akihiko-kun!" Azusa said kindly to me. "I really...really missed you..."

"So do I, I thought that you will be gone forever."

Then I let go of her...hold her shoulders and looked upon her face...I saw tears forming around her eyes.

"No...sniff...I mean it...sniff...I really missed you...sniff...so much..." Azusa then starts to cry. "I don't know...sniff...what I'm gonna do...sniff...without you...sniff..."

I let her cry for a little bit...and then wipes her tears and patted her head...that calm her down.

"Azusa...don't be a crybaby...what's important is that we are now reunited, right?"

Azusa was pissed off by what I call her...

"Hey! Don't dictate me and call me a crybaby, okay? Hmph...pfft...hehehe!!!" But her anger quickly evaporates into our laughter. "Alright...alright...let's go home, Akihiko-kun. I have a surprise for you!"

"Huh?! A surprise?!"

Lady Rin's Note:

Miss_Stragic, We're back from vacation! ^^

And now we are home, we can now publish the last 3 chapies of MECF. Enjoy! I hope that you like it! :)