36 - Invasion

Morato City

Empire of Nova Ascia

November 17, A.N.A. 1315

A soldier's POV:

"Defend! Defend!"

The hoarse voice of our commander instructed us to keep the gate of camp closed against waves of offensive by the Imperial Forces that is rocking us for hours now. We can't make a counter-attack yet to the loyalists until we get a signal from the approaching Liberation Forces of Princess Lily to do so.

But...we might not be able to hold much longer now...we are already exhausted...as for the Imperial Forces...they are able to change their troops...we will be easily defea-

"BOOOM!!!"

That's it! A firecracker being detonated in the sky! That's the signal!

"CHAAARGEEE!!!"

Upon the signal of our commander, we finally opened or gates and initiate our counterattack. Using all of our might, we tried to advance beyond our premises, but alas, exhausted by hours of defending our camp, we can't go on...and we're also taking casualties...

"Tormento Ignis!!!" A wave of flames burst in front of us, engulfing all of our opponents within its path.

"Guys, we need to help our struggling troops. Make sure that everybody is safe, understand?"

"Yes, mam!" The soldiers outside the camp responded to a familiar voice. I carefully saw the lady who had just spoke...and there...I recognized...Miss Regine Biscotti...the acting head of the Government - of - Exile of Princess Lily. She's already wanted by the Imperial Forces for treason...but for us  defectors, we regard her as our hero.

Regine's POV:

"Guys, you can go ahead now. I will join you later." Upon my instructions, I split up from my friends to lead the Liberation Forces. "Don't worry, I got this."

"Okay, take care of yourself." Princess Lily reminded me.

"Yes, Princess Lily!"

I have more than five thousand troops under my command and my objective is to unite with all the rebel camps that are situated in the south...but this will not be gonna easy...the Imperial Forces commands who are raiding the rebel camps are headed by some tough generals...

"What's the asessment of the situation?" I asked my troops.

"We have already monitored some troops moving towards us. They also positioned assassins in some undisclosed locations. We recommend you, mam that we should take some precautions."

"Yes, we should." I concluded. "We need to advance to be united with the rebel camps here in the south, but we should advance carefully to avoid being stab by those assasins."

Amid the ongoing battle, the main flank of our forces carefully advances towards the two nearby rebel camps being attacked by the Imperial Forces. Despite taking precautionary steps, we can't dodge ourselves from the consistent attacks from those assasins. Nevertheless, despite taking casualties, we are able to reach the rebel camps.

"So...we meet again..." Suddenly, a voice was heard from not afar...when I saw one of elite general of the Imperial Forces pointing a sword at me...but...I never saw him before...nor heard...

"Wait...who are you?" I curiously ask him.

"Wait, what?! You don't remember me-uuugh!!!" The general pissed off then waves his sword towards me. "Fine! If you don't remember, then my sword will make you know...when it cuts through your flesh!!! HIYAAA!!!"

I dodged the blow from that general and cast a spell to form flames around me...

"Flamma Movere Aeternam!"

"Heeey!!! No fair!!!" The general complained on my spell.

"Ehem! There are no rules here!" Then I initiate my counterattack. "Tormento Ignis!!!"

We engaged into a exchange of sword slashes and fireballs... sometimes my fireball is being deflected by his sword...but I always able to hit and burn him in some parts of his body that made him weak ...but when I was about to throw a fireball to finally finish him off...the general was able to find an opening...

"You're done for!!! Tormento Igni-AAAAH!!!"

He slashed me and made a cut through my left leg. I can't get up because I'm trying to hide...do much...pain...

"What are you saying again? I'm done for?" The general grins at me and about to finish me off. "Well... I'm telling you this. After you cheated me and all...nothing personal. YOU'RE DONE FOR!!!"

"MAAAM!!!" But then, a soldier bumps the general to caught him outbalanced and prevented him from killing me.

"Why you, moron!!!" The general passed his anger to the soldier and stabbed him right through his chest...

Seeing all the horror...of an ally being killed right before my very eyes...filled me with deep grief...and overwhelming anger...how dare him!!!

"You...YOU DEMON!!!" Anger motivated me to stand up and endure the cut on my left leg.

"Well...that's what we do." The general explained. "Killing everyone who are standing in the way of our General Castillo. Hehehe!!!"

"And he even used the Empress to do that?! You heartless monsters! I will show you my wrath!!!"

"Ha?! Are you using that spell again, don't you, my little lady? Cheap move! It's absolutely a cheap mo-woah!!!"

While the general is making fun of me, I closed my eyes and cast another spell...that Princess Lily...I mean Azusa-chan...taught me. That general will never see it coming.

"Vetita Novae Caesareae Carmen Ascia...Circulus Gehennam Ignis!!!"

I swirl my hands in a form of circles... until all of my remaining fire energy released into my hands...and slowly, a circle of fire formed in front of me.

"I will give you one last warning...surrender now." I angrily told my enemy. "Or you will be burned by the fires of hell for all of you've done!"

"Make me! HIYAAAA!!!" The general ignored my warning and started to attack me.

"Fine! You asked for it." Then, I pointed the wheel of fire towards him. "By the power of the Rightful Imperial Seal...BEGONE!!!"

The wheel gone straight towards the general...and before he knows it...he was already engulfed in flames...

"AAAHH!!!" The flames has torn his body apart...burning from his skin...his muscles...his heart...his bones...until nothing has left...not even ashes of him.

"HMPH!!! Serves him right!"

As I was about to go to my troops to assess the current situation...slowly...my vision begins to blur...the effects of the cut in my left leg is starting to show...losing my balance...until...

"SPLAAG!!!"