28 - Vacation

Akihiko's POV:

Thanks to Rin, who is in the photo above, we are able to afford a summer vacation in her home: the beach on one side, mountains on the other. Phew...I'm excited to go there...coming from all of that campaign to liberate the southeast Nova Ascia...and to recompose myself from the death of my mother...

We took an air-conditioned can train to go there along with Regine, Danica and Danielle...but...not knowing that Azusa is not used to this. In short, she felt dizzy...

"Ugh...Akihiko-kuuun...are we there yet?" A dizzy Azusa asked me. "I really want to take a rest...I can't take a rest here..."

"We're almost there. Just hang in there." I replied. "Why don't you use magic to cure yourself?"

"I can't...my head hurts that I can't think properly..."

Sigh...I knew that this would happen to her...before we left...she is very excited to dip into the sea. But now...sigh...good thing that I have a medicine with me to cure that travel sickness...

"Here, take this." I offered her the medicine and the bottle of water. "Take it if you really want to swim at the beach."

"Umm... Akihiko-kun...are you sure that this works?"

"Well, if you can stop doubting...and sleep a little bit, maybe it will actually work."

"Mou! Alright, fine." Azusa pouts at me and finally take the medicine. She covers her face with a napkin and fall into a nap.

It took a couple of hours before we finally arrived at Rin's home, which is actually just in front of the train station. I never expect that Rin's house is a little bit huge...

"Welcome! Come on in!"

We are welcomed by Rin's warm hospitality...not to mention that the house has so many rooms...majestic displays...and the more colorful view of the beach...and the sunset. And by the way, Azusa was actually unconscious when we arrived...so I pushed her wheelchair into Rin's living room...until she wakes up...

"Ugh...where am I?"

"We already arrived at Rin's" I replied to her. "How are you feeling now, Azusa?"

"Well...I'm feeling pretty better now." She smiled brightly at me as proof. "Wait, when we will get swimming?"

"Hehehe! Don't be hesitant, Azusa-chan! It's already nightfall. Wait till tomorrow and I'm sure our friends will have a great time with you."

"Hehehe! Alright then!"

"Akihiko-kun! Azusa-chan! Dinner's ready!" Rin is already calling us. "You're the only ones we are waiting for!"

We spent our dinner together...as we learn more about who really Rin is. Yeah...I have already worked with her in the shrine since we arrived there with my mother but...I never expect that she is rich...that I can't stop staring at her...

"Umm... Akihiko-kun...why are you staring at me?" Rin noticed me.

"No! It's nothing! It's just that...I'm wondering why can a rich girl like you will become a shrine maiden instead of living in a extravaga-ouch!!!"

I was interrupted by Rin's slap to my face...

"How dare you to saying I have no right to become a shrine maiden just because I'm filthy stinking rich!"

"No! No! No! That's not what I meant!" I refuted. "It's just I'm wondering how you reach this so far..."

"Oh! Hehehe! Okay, my bad!" Her anger quickly evaporates. "That's simple: I just need to be at peace with the nature that's all..."