4 - Savior

December 18, 2004
Tokyo, Japan

Young Boy's POV:

"Congrats, Akihiko-kun! You've done a great job out there!"

"Nah, It's nothing. It's just that I've followed the teacher's instructions very precisely."

As we walk home after a long day in school, my best friend Taichi praised me for finishing a chemistry experiment that it is difficult to finish.

"Hey! When we return on January, please teach me how to do it. I'm the next one to test it." Taichi plead to me.

"Hehehe! Alright, I'll teach you once. So if you still don't get it, you're on your own, okay?"

"Yes, Akihiko-kun!"

After a lively conversation with Taichi, we parted ways as his home is closer from the school. As I walk alone towards the pedestrian lane in a busy streets of Tokyo...I began to imagine what will I do for the entire holidays...staying at home...reading some random books...watching television...playing video games...sigh...as compared with my other classmates...they have time to hang out and go to far places this vacation...while I go alone...sigh...Umph!!!

I think too much that I didn't see that somebody...a eight year old girl to be exact...is in front of me...just near the pedestrian lane. Because of that, I stumbled down. The girl turned to me...

"Huh?"

"I'm so sorry, miss! It's not my intention to bump you so hard!"

My plea was quickly responded by her smile. She lended me her hand, which I reached it to get up.

Though she is smiling...I notice her that she is ailing or sort...she is visibly shaken and breathing is difficult for her...

"No worries! But I wonder if you...could...help...me..."

Upon saying that...the girl collapsed and caught on my arms...she is literally gasping for air...she is dying...

"Ambulance! Please call an ambulance!!!" I shout out as the girl starting to stop breathing and her heartbeat slows down. I put the girl down and initiate a CPR for a few minutes to prevent her breathing to slow down...until the ambulance finally arrives.

The girl was taken in a stretcher into the ambulance. I joined her as the medics continued to administer CPR to her. And as we quickly make our way to the hospital, I take out my phone to call my parents...

"Hello, who is this?" My mother responded to my call.

"Hello, this is Akihiko, mom."

"Oh! Yes, son. Why do you call all of the sudden?"

"Mom, I will go to the hospital!"

"What?! To the hospital?!" My mom was shocked and upset on what I've said. "What happened to you?! Are you injured?! Are you sick?!"

"No, mom. I will just accompany a girl to the hospital. I saw her collapsed and right now she is not breathing!"

"Phew! That's a relief!" My mother said after I clarified. "Alright, I will follow you there to accompany you, okay?"

"Okay, mom. Thanks!"

I ended my call to my mother just in time that the ambulance arrived at the hospital. The medics quickly took the girl into the emergency room...and when they put the heart monitor upon her, it was shown the her heartbeat is weakening and beating fast...the medics quickly put her artificial oxygen through a mask...and administer defibrillate her...in an attempt to stabilize her condition...