43 - Mourning

November 20, A.N.A. 1315
Imperial Castle
City of Morato
Empire of Nova Ascia

Napoleon's POV:

The entire city is decorated with black when we arrived in the castle before noontime. They are so many people lining in queue, they don't matter how hot the sun will shine...nor how strong the rain will fall...just to take a glimpse, perhaps for the last time, on the greatest heroine the empire has ever had.

It is the third and final day for the wake of the late Princess Lily, who has sacrificed her life just to liberate the country she adores so much. From my sources around the capital, hundreds of thousands of people from the cities and the provinces...from all walks of life turned out to see her...even they didn't actually acquainted with her...or just only have memories of her when she is just a child.

Today, I was among with the delegation of the Kingdom of Alaniab...with King Joshua and my cousin Darwin. We take the special entrance to go straight to a room...where Lily's friends are there.

"Your Majesty, I offer you my deepest condolences to you, your friends and the people of Nova Ascia on the passing of your friend, Princess Lily." King Joshua told Empress Angelica Diana. "She is really the bravest and greatest heroine you ever had."

"Thank you, Your Majesty for your sympathy. " The Empress replied.

Darwin and I proceeded to the benches...where Lily's friends: Regine, Danica and Danielle, staring blankly...

"Milady...are you feeling better now?" I tried to ask Regine to cheer her up.

"Well...yeah...at least because both of you are here." Regine smiled faintly at me. "Thank you, Napoleon."

Regine then told me about so many things and experiences that she has with Princess Lily: from the time the Princess is teaching her on using magic, how the Princess saved her when she was chased by a dragon, and more recently...the times that they hang out together...when Princess Lily introduces her to the modern world she used to. Remembering all of this is already difficult for her...and shortly...her emotions broke down...

"I miss Princess Lily! I can't accept this...sniff...that my very best friend...is now gone...sniff...Princess Lily! Azusa-chan! Why?!?! Why?!?! Huhuhuhu!!!"

I hugged her very tightly as a river of tears fall down upon her face...

"Regine...don't worry...just let it all out." I told her as I pat her back. "She will be in a better place now...it's time to move on..."

"Okay...sniff...thank you...sniff...for understanding us, Napoleon..."

As I continued to calm Regine down...I saw my cousin dealing with the sisters, Danica and Danielle...they had a more difficult time in dealing with such a great loss...as they have met Princess Lily since they are kids...they too broke down into tears and found themselves hugged by Darwin.

But if anyone who really mourns the death of Princess Lily...it is her familiar and her boyfriend Akihiko Koizumi...who throughout the wake...the only thing that he do...is to stare at the body of his late master and girlfriend...

"Hey buddy, what's up?" Darwin tries to cheer him up. "Do you feel a little bit better somehow?"

"Yes...I suppose, thanks to your sympathy and support." Akihiko simply replied.

I stared to Princess Lily's body...she is like a beautiful fairytale princess who is bound to sleep at peace for a very long period of time...after so many trials and sacrifices that she made for her family, her friends, her people...and her love...