9 - Encounter

Akihiko's POV:

May 4, 2014
Tokyo, Japan

It's been nine years since I met this extraordinary girl coming for another world. Her name is Princess Alyssa Lynnette Isabella Nicolette of the Empire of Nova Ascia. She was in exile because of bad guys took over the throne, killed her parents, paralyze her and try to take her because of her massive magic skills enough to change the entire kingdom with just one touch. But she is yet to know that possibility so right now, me and my Koizumi family adopted her and give her a new name so that she could never be identified: Azusa "Lily" Otosaka, though she doesn't like to call her Lily. Hehehe! I get to know more about her: she taught me some folk games from her home (and I'm always the one who is carrying her just to finish the game), cooking her local delicacies (Woah! It's very spicy!), she is telling me stories about her home. In turn, I taught her some Japanese words. Hehehe! She is so excited to speak it with the everyone!

Currently, she works as the chief shrine maiden of the Izanagi Temple. She always demonstrates her amazing magic skills and was even exorcists almost all of the ghosts that lurking around this shrine without a scratch as compared with her first encounter with that phantom ghost. And today, things will start to turn around for her...

"Ohayou Gozaimasu!" Azusa greeted me happily as usual, wearing a new outfit for chief shrine maiden that she recently received. "How do I look?"

As you can see, except that she has crutches to aid her legs, she further changed herself to hid her identity from those bad guys that are chasing after her

As you can see, except that she has crutches to aid her legs, she further changed herself to hid her identity from those bad guys that are chasing after her. When I met her, her hair is actually waist-length. Just weeks earlier, she decided to cut her hair until it's just shoulder-length.

"You're cute! In fact, you still look like a child!" I complimented her.

"Really? Hehehe...umm...thanks!" Though blushing, she managed to smile at me.

As usual, we made our way together into the shrine, though I always catch her every time that she trips herself...because she still has yet to learn about using crutches! Hehehe!!! But when she starts working as the chief shrine maiden, she is really committed into it: for the tourists and for our fellow shrine maidens.

It's now Golden Week and many tourist flocked into the shrine to pray for good luck and prosperity:

"Minna-san, please flock in line properly to avoid any accidents. Don't worry, all of you can have good luck!" That is what she always said when she managed to get around the crowded temple. Whenever she see a child lost in the middle of the crowd...

"Hello. Are you hurt?" She lets go of her crutches just to sat down and pat the child's head to calm him down. "Come, follow me so that your parents will find you."

Azusa gets up on her crutches, holds the child's hand and guide the child to the temple house. She puts up a P.A. system to inform the public. She then sings the child a lullaby supposed that came from his home or play some games. That makes the child happy when the parents comes to get him.