26 - Care

Lily/Azusa's POV:

October 5, A.N.A. 1315

In a matter of months ever since we occupied Usce and three other border towns, the Imperial Forces retreated because of unknown reasons. Right now, we have the control of the southeastern portion of the Empire of Nova Asica...if it is in Akihiko's modern world...it is the southeastern portion of Russia. As the resistance forces are busy in liberating the rest of the country...thanks to Akihiko and Danica...Danielle and I are leading the reconstruction team for the newly liberated areas...

"What should we do, Your Majesty?" Danielle, who is in charge of reconstruction projects, asked me. "We are still lack of enough funds to bring the society back to normal..."

"Don't be hesitant, Danielle." I smiled at her to calm her uneasiness. "We need first to assess what our people needs before we take some action. I'm sure that the money will be enough...whether it will be large or small..."

From Usce... we traveled towards nearby town of Kive, where no help was actually received from the Imperial Government. There are no crops to grow nor animals to raise. The Imperial Government has forced them to stay in their houses and starve to death.

As when I passed through their houses, the residents just come out and simply bow and kissed my hand as adoration...

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty! So good to see you!!!" That's what almost all the people are saying at me. "We're all waiting for you. We need your help!"

The houses in the village are made entirely out of wood

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

The houses in the village are made entirely out of wood...as compared with those in Niño and Morato which is made of strong and thick cement. Every family's story is not complete without anybody who will wept. They were not only starved by the Imperial Government, but they were forced to work in a logging area... kilometers away from home. The distance...the difficulty of the job...it was already enough to make the workers to be exhausted...but if you complain to them...expect nothing bit trouble...either flagging, on the spot humiliation or worse...immediate execution on front of your family, friends and co-workers. For them, it is too much to bear that there's nothing they could do but to cry on my shoulder...

"There...there...all of those nightmares are no more..." I replied to them with a hug. "Everything will be alright now..."

I invite everybody outside their homes and into the town plaza for a feast. Nobody has ever celebrated...even known feasts for years since Empress Angelica Diana took over...

"Ingens Festum Cibum!!!" I cast a spell that able to create numerous delicious food in front of them. Quickly, the villagers rush on to get as many as they can...as if there's a monster who is about to snatch their food away. They never tasted such delicious food for years...as compared before that they would eat fruits, plants and anything edible that they pick up in the wild...sometimes, they say, there are cases that they became sick in days because of eating those.

My Extraordinary Childhood Friend (#Wattys2016)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें