RESET

(Sans' PoV)

Thirteen Years it's taken myself and Alphys to toil over that corpse. Thirteen Years to get it to crack. That little nugget of power. That... evil ability I never used to trust. Thirteen Years of hard work and abandoning our families. Thirteen. Fucking. Years. Ugh!!

But we finally did it. Ohhhh yes! We finally cracked every bone in her body and sucked every essence of life out her corpse. We finally managed to rip apart each bit of flesh, leaving her exposed an vulnerable. We finally managed to split each organ, tear it apart, and suck tiny fragments of her from them. 

It doesn't even hurt to look at the body anymore. I'm numb, Alphys is numb, we're both just gone. Anger courses through our veins, the pain and love and happiness transformed into anger, and numbness. We can both wear our filthy labcoats and latex gloves and safely say we don't care, we're just still angry. In the beginning it hurt to look at the corpse and identify it as her, but now I can just see shards of bone, lumps of flesh, and mounds of dried blood. 

The extraction process was painfully slow, I can't even remember why we tried this method anyway. We figured out the way to do it though, the way to take it from the human body without losing any. Of course, we had to try this on other humans. Six, to be exact. Do I feel bad about taking homeless humans off the streets and putting their pathetic bodies to good use? Nah, not anymore.

The hideous mess surrounding us two monsters is astounding, but I can't be bothered to clean when there are more important matters at hand. Alphys probably feels the same way too, and she used to be a clean freak with her lab. Now it's just covered in human remains and rubbish. Sometimes the humans would struggle, and sometimes they would let us get on with it quietly. When they struggled, it was a nightmare. All the blood flying everywhere, and the bones would break rather noisily. Ripped apart flesh would be flung in every direction, and the panicked eyes haunted my dreams for months.

I can't even bring myself to look at any human as alive now. Just experiments. That's all they are. 

Alphys on the other hand, relishes in the menial tasks. She loves the thrill of experimentation, and the joys of new discoveries. She feels important, and useful. I have to hand it to her, she's a brilliant scientist. Without her, this process could of taken years longer, with more casualties and suffering. I still can't believe how close we are with it. I'm almost proud, if I do say so myself.

My knowledge of Timelines and Resets and Shortcuts has helped Alphys along a lot, and her expertise with a knife and microscope has helped me. We really are a formidable team. I'd hate to face us in a battle screen. Heh...

Now that the machine is completed, we are speeding towards our goal, and I'm happy to report that progress is going swimmingly. I must admit, I was rather desperate to kill the little brat at first. I wouldn't sit still in the lab for more than two minutes, and kept on trying to rip apart the Timelines to reach that... that... Ugh, evil cow. But now I'm patient. I know that bad times come to those who deserve them, and if they live longer than we expect, the punishment is extra painful. Not that it wouldn't be anyway...

Heh, I can't wait, and neither can Alphys. She even told me she'll fight the she-demon during the bad runs, and I laughed happily at that. She is a tremendous fighter, and a definite roadblock for the little demon. I told her we'd have to take it in turns, because she'd kill the demon and I'd have none of the fun, she said I get the first run... for Frisk.

We've extracted most of Frisk's Determination now, and the last few dregs of the liquid red are pooling into the machine. It's a marvelous invention, an I'm glad my Father left it in my side-room for me. He had faith that I could fix it and get it to work. He even told me in a note to let Alphys help. I figured she had helped him originally, because it's not everyday you trust a scientist with a Reset machine, especially not one that converts liquid human determination into Reset buttons. Heh... I guess we're too close to stop now.We just have to flip this switch here...

Press this button...

Pull this lever...

Wait for five seconds then...

Plug in the liquid Determination and...

A Reset button hovers in front of Alphys and myself, flickering and glitching weirdly as we stare at it in wonder. 

"It must be unstable, who knows where we'll Reset to?" Alphys smirks, and she turns to her computer.

"True, but isn't that half the fun? We can always get back to this point and try again, and again, and again, until we have Reset back to the point where Frisk fell." She mutters, handing me a glove. I grin and hold out my hand to her.

"Well then... Shall we?"