OVERTALE - Sans' PoV

To see the Punk floored like that, by that flower, it shook me a little. Rattled my bones. Heh. I tried to comfort them as they broke into sobs of pain, calling out for Asriel Dreemuur to come back. But nobody came. Obviously. I tucked the Punk into bed once they were done screaming, and I took a walk out into the snowy woods of Snowdin. Yeah, I used a shortcut back down into the Undergrounds. There are plenty that go between up top and down here, but the barrier kinda blocked them off, made them look hella wavy if I saw them. Anyway, I always walk through Snowdin woods when I need to chill my bones. I guess being somewhere familiar really helps me focus. And I can usually find a bottle of ketchup in my old sentry station. Heh. Damn alcoholic beverage. Grillby's refuses to sell me any now we're above ground. He says I don't need to drink my life away now I can have a life. Honestly, he just sucks up to Frisk because she helped his daughter one time.

"Sans, isn't it?" A voice startles me from my thoughts, and I jump around to face the speaker. But... nobody is there.
"Who's there? Cmon, this ain't ticklin' my funny bone. I ain't findin' this joke humerus. Cmon out ya little rascal." I mutter, quite chilled from the familiarity of these woods. And of course, I have some Gaster Blasters to hand.
"He heheheh, you're a comedian. Right. Uh, you can't see me?" The voice comes from lower to the ground, and I kneel in the snow.
"Nope. You must be pretty white to blend in with all this snow. What's ya name rascal?" I grin, not that I ever do anything. Damn skull is set in a permanent smile. I have to change drastically to look even slightly menacing.
"Uh, I'm Sara." The voice is extremely feminine, and I grin at the thought of a young human girl.
"Nice to meet ya Sara. Why can't I see ya?" I beam at the air, hoping they can see you.
"Uh... Wait. My friends and I need to talk to you. Well, talk at you." Sara's disembodied voice floats eerily and feel... something crawling on my back.

Sara, Papatt, Phoebe, Mufell, Undenu, Mettra.
We are the six souls of the fallen humans.
We came before Chara the East Wind and before Frisk the West Breeze.
We fell and we died.
We opened the barrier for all monsters and watched as they left these halls.
Yet we were stuck in place, each seeing their monster live on.
We six souls of the fallen humans.
Watched as our monster counterparts lived without our guidance.
We waited for freedom.
Or even an afterlife.
And yet we were granted only the ability to watch over these halls without rest.
We are at peace with this.
We six souls wish you the best.
We six souls wish you luck.
We six souls warn you of the dangers your friend Frisk faces.
We six souls shall tell our tales.
In the hopes that you learn the fate of a human soul once it has been destroyed.
We HOPE you do not scorn us.
For we were weak and did not know.
We were afraid and did not know.
We were not determined as you friend was.
We were alone.
And afraid.
And we did not know.
We six souls.
We six souls are still alone.
We six souls are still afraid.
We six souls still do not know.
Yet we six souls shall tell our tales.
In Hope you learn.
In Hope you care.
In Hope you help.

How could I not listen to them?