OVERTALE - Chara's PoV

Sans and I are trapped in the battle scene. It seems that little Frisky has been rather carefree up in OverGrounds, her HP was over 9000. Then again, Sans' HP was not 1HP as usual. Then again, he probably had HOPE now he was OverGrounds and Frisk had promised not to reset.

Hang on.

How did I know Frisk promised...

Never mind.

We are trapped battling each other for weeks it seems. But battle time differs from real time, and Sans can alter timelines. I wonder...

"HELLO?" I called decided to call out, seeing if I could manipulate the in-fight dialogue.

"Jeez Kid, uh, Chara, no need to yell at me. God, do me a favour and go back to your timeline." Sans growled, his cyan bone attacks were really beginning to piss me off, and I was carrying zero health items. I doubt I could RESET in Frisk's body either.

Wait.

Frisk's Body...

"THAT'S IT!" I yelled, my eureka moment bringing a rare smile of joy to my face. That didn't hurt my facial muscles either... Weird.

"What's what Chara? Stop yelling and start making sense." Sans sighed, I could tell he was bored with this fight.

"Can't you tell? What's wrong with the Timeline Sans, Son of Gaster, Brother of Papyrus?" I say his name and titles just to add to my drama.

"N...nothing is wrong... Wait... There's a minor glitch but it says Frisk is here and you... are... there.... What?!" Sans looks amazed at what he is seeing with his non-existent eyes. His sockets are pitch black so I guess he was looking into the Timelines.

"Exactly! Our SOULS transferred but technically this is Frisk's body, with her HOPE, EXPERIENCE, and LOVE, and she's back wherever I was with mine. It's a minor glitch but not something overly noticeable... Huh..." I giggle slightly, happy I outsmarted that comedian.

"Heh, then I guess I don't want to fuck up Frisk's body too much then." He grins that eerie grin he has and bones fly towards me alongside beams of Gaster Blaster Plasma.

And for some reason...

I scream.