Run You Clever Girl, And-

I wander towards the abandoned house on the mountainside, and tears run freely down my face as I realise my parents are long gone. The last chance to reconcile, and they can't even turn up for it. Heh. The weeds have taken over my Mother's once beautiful garden, and the windows are dirty and cracked. Bright red spray paint covers almost every inch of the walls, each with words such as "Abusers" and "Neglectful". I guess everyone thought I had died, and blamed my parents... Good.

I sit on the tree swing and wonder where my family has gone. Are they dead? In prison? Where's Fran? What happened? So many questions run through my head, and I can't help but worry about my sister. What if she's dead? What if they ruined her? Where is she?

I wander aimlessly through the garden some more and come across the window to the basement, which is still slightly ajar. I open it up with haste, and crawl into the dank basement. It smells foul, of blood and vomit. The faint glow of the UV light illuminates the room, and I see blood spatters on the walls and floor, as well as piles of dried yellow substance, most likely puke. Ugh. Hanging from a noose off the lightbulb is a small, black cat.

"Mr Midnight?!" I walk slowly towards the cat, and notice the side of its face is missing, allowing me to see the skull and brains. Ewewewewewewewewew. I race up the stairs and open the door, leading into the hallway. Woah, it's so dusty. I cough as I inhale a lungful of dust, and make my way towards Fran's room. 

It's empty. Completely bare. The walls are painted white and the floor is bare of carpet, leaving only the hard stone. Weird, they loved Fran. I have to find her, if she was stuck in that basement, in those conditions, then they probably hurt her worse than they hurt me.

The only place she could be? I know. I'm going to find her.