OVERTALE - Chara's PoV

My vision is blurred. My mind is cloudy. My knife has long slipped from my bloody grasp. My health is low. My hope destroyed. I just want... I want someone to help. I want Frisk. I need Frisk...
"FRISK?" I scream. My lungs ache from the waste of precious oxygen.

But nobody came.

Sans has long since departed, leaving me in Frisk's room, on her bed, to recover. My aching muscles and broken bones cause me no end of pain, yet I don't savour the feeling anymore. I don't want this...
"Yes you do..."
I don't though. Not anymore. It has been a long time since I relished in the pain of others. I just wanted safety.

SLAM

I hear a door slam shut, shaking the apartment. It must of been a strong slam. So it's either Sans or Papyrus. I eagerly await the arrival of another person... or monster should I say? No. They are not monsters. I am... was... am?

SMASH

Something was broken. Sans then. Probably breaking a plate or something. Can I blame him? No. His girlfriend was taken to my timeline where Toriel and Asgore could... I hate my timeline. I hate myself.
"You hate everyone. That's why they need to DIE!"
No... That's no longer true. I can look at a knife and just see a utensil for cutting vegetables now. Frisk really has changed me for the better. And she doesn't even know it.
"But I'm still here Chara. The real you. I'm waiting for you to let me win."
Not happening. Not again. I hope. That's all I can do now. Hope. And pray.
"S...a...n...s..." I croak out. My voice hurts after yelling out Frisk's name. His footsteps are heavy as he approaches the door, and he lets out a sad sigh before opening it.
"What do you want Chara?" He spits my name like it's venom. He wants Frisk back. I'm sorry I'm not her.
"I'm... s...o...r...r...y..." Is all I can mumble before hacking coughs seize the rest of my words.
"Yeah. I know Punk. But it ain't bringing back Frisk so shut up, heal up, and help me if you're truly sorry." He growls. His words take me by surprise, and why wouldn't they? Who would want their darkest Nightmare helping them find their true Love? Strange.
"That stupid comedian."
No... Clever. He knows I'm a link to the timeline that holds Frisk. He's using me for his own agenda. You should be proud. Kinda.
"Believe me Chara, he's making me prouder than you are right now." I know. There we go again, people spitting my name like it will kill them if they keep it in their mouth too long.
It's too late to apologise for my sins.

Especially when they keep crawling on my back.