UNDERTALE - Frisk's PoV

Shoving open the great Purple doors, I wander out into the whirling snowy forest path that leads to Snowdin. Glancing left, I pull the camera out of the bush and throw it against the wall.
"Stop watching me Alphys. I'm not your fucking pet project." I growl, a smirk lighting up my face. I stomp onwards, passing the stupid stick and raising an eyebrow when it snaps. When I reach the dumb bridge with Papyrus' terrible craftsmanship, I turn and lean against the bars, waiting for Sans.
"Human." His deep voice sends shivers down my spine. This is the skeleton I know and love. I look up and gasp. It's Sans alright, but he's smaller and thinner, and his eyes are alight with burning curiosity.
"Sans?" I mutter, cocking my head to the side.
"Uh, how do you know my name? Uhm..." He fumbles with the buzzer in his hand and it drops onto the snow.
"Sorry! It was a joke and it kinda failed. I'm not too good at practical jokes. Uh, my brother doesn't think I'm too humerus." Sans chuckles weakly at his own pun. I groan slightly and giggles.
"My name is Frisk. Nice to meet you Sans." I mutter.

What are you doing? This damn amateur comedian needs to die!

Ignoring the voice in my head, I hold out my hand to shake my future boyfriend's skele-hand.
"Well Frisk, you're not so bad. Most Humans who fall are mean..." Sans looks at the ground and I notice a small crack in the top of his skull. That's also there in the future, only it's scarred over.
"Well, I think we're going to be killer friends." I beam up at him, and my cheeks hurt.
"Uh, okay!" Sans also grins, and I notice a wisdom tooth missing, and I furrow my eyebrows. Who dares hurt my bonely skeleton? Fuck them. I'll fucking kill them.
"Are you okay? You look kinda angry." Sans murmurs, and I can tell that he's not as strong as he is in my Time. I force a battle screen and see his surprise in his eye sockets.
"Hey, wait!" Sans cries out, and I use my turn to CHECK him.

Sans The Skeleton:
ATK 10
DEF 10
HP 20

This Amateur Comedian Just Wants A Friend.

I gasp as I notice his HOPE level. Sans used to have a lot of HOPE. And ATK and DEF. What happened?

I dodge his super basic bone attack and press the FLEE button.
"What the hell Frisk? You're just like all the other humans! You fight! And you're covered in Dust. You've killed other monsters. I don't trust you at all! Leave me alone!" Sans runs past me and my SOUL reaches out and feels a lack of Magic from Sans.

So what happened to this hopeful skeleton to make him my Sans?