OVERTALE - Sans' PoV

I groan, rubbing my eye sockets as I wake up from my sleep. Ugh. I swear I'm too lazy sometimes. Heh. Nah, I'm perfect. I look around my surroundings and find myself laid spread-eagled in the snow outside Grillby's. Wait. Snow? Grillby's? Ah sugar! I'm underground again. Fudge. Wait.

The memories come flooding back to me so suddenly, and I start hyperventilating. I was a human once. And a FEMALE?! Woah. Crazy. And Papyrus, and Muffet, and Undyne, and Mettaton. Wow. Mettaton... heh. The thought makes my bones feel cold, and I try to cast my mind back to the stories the six souls told me, but the memories are all fuzzy. Just like when Gaster removed my memories of-

FUCK! SHIT! BASTARD! OUCH THAT FUCKING HURTS! JESUS CHRIST!

Fuck, I'd forgotten how painful it is to try to think of my removed memories. They're there. I can remember them in the corners of my mind. But if I try to focus on them then BAM! Pain. Like my skull being crushed. Man, Chara did that to me one time and boy did it hurt. That kid was a fucking psychopath. Ugh. I wipe the sweat from my skull and get up from the snow. My mind is working in overdrive, trying to think of every small detail. All I can remember is that my name was Sara, and I fell first. Damn it, everything is so fucked up... I just wish-

"Sans!" I jump backwards and trip over the steps to Grillby's, falling backwards towards to doorway. I land on my butt and mutter several choice cuss words that would have Toriel murderous. Especially if I said 'em around the kid. Frisk... I look around for the source of the noise and find a floating cyan heart close to me.

"Uh, hey. Sara isn't it?" I mumble, curious as to wether it's really me.
"Yes Sans, I'm Sara. Don't worry, the memories will get stronger. Anyway, I'm here to tell you that you need to get out of here. The UnderGrounds are dangerous at the moment, and your shortcuts will only take you to the alternate timeline where Frisk is. You need to stop being such a lazy bones and run. Frisk could be here any minute..." Sara floats anxiously, her aura seemed to project nervousness.
"What's wrong with Frisk coming back?! That's what I want!" I growl, readying a Gaster Blaster to fire at this Punk.
"Her mind has been warped Sans! And not to mention the repercussions if there are two Frisk's and two Chara's in one timeline. Frisk and Chara's minds have been separated from their bodies and if Gaster finds out they are two separate identities then who knows what he'll do! Frisk is dangerous at the moment Sans, we need a strategy before we can get her back!" Sara bobs up and down as she speaks, her glow dimming and brightening with her intonation. I pause, my mind racing a mile a minute, and I narrow my eyes at the floating soul.
"What are you talking about with Gaster? Why is he a problem? TELL ME DAMNIT!" I start yelling, my anger getting the best of me. I'm not usually this way unless Paps is... yeah.
"Gaster wants to fuse Chara and Frisk's souls and create a new monster, he thinks the two of them combined will create a new Boss Monster, even stronger than Undenu... I mean Undyne. Even stronger than Us Sans!" Sara freezes in place, her aura diminishing rapidly.
"Shoot, Gaster found me. Sans, it's gonna be okay! No shortcuts Sans! And wait for us to come back!!" Sara's SOUL is fading, and I can see the faint outline of Gaster's form shifting into this reality.

Shit! He's coming!!

I take a deep breath, get up from the steps, and start sprinting. After all, the barrier is only three whole cities away.

Boy, I can sure feel my sins crawling on my back when he looks.