UNDERTALE - Frisk's PoV

The skeleton in front of me grins, and for a second I can see Papyrus and Sans in his face. I can't kill him, Sans and Papy would be devastated and the whole of our universe would be destroyed. But what do I care? Gaster is a surefire way to destroy everything... To fully erase this existence. I have the opportunity to finally achieve what I wanted when I fell into Mt Ebott... Death. The RESETs, the SAVEs... I can end it all...

"Gaster..." I whimper, and look at him with tears falling from my eyes.

"I know, my child, you face a difficult decision. Think about what I must face though. The Core. The only place I may rest in without destroying the timelines. I must die in the Core, and soon. Then Sans must... And Papy..." He sighs loudly and I see the pain in his eye sockets. To know your fate is terrible. I know, the RESETs and SAVEs made me realise I only had two options. My path was pre-decided for me. But this whole Timeline shift... Chara and I swapping places... It made me realise how much I love my life. And I hate this one. It's... Like my personality has changed too.

"Gaster, why did you change the tinelines AND the dimensions?" I ask timidly, trying my best to be Frisk and not Chara.

"I was just going to change the Timeline but then ERRORSANS shifted the dimensions and I realised what a good idea that was... You get to see what life is like for Chara..."

"...and I get to know the story of the Skelebros. Except this place has murderous Toriel and YOU." I mumble.

"Yes. Your dimension, or universe, was UNDERTALE/OVERTALE. This one is MURDERTALE. Nobody lives..."

"Except you and Sans right? That's why my Sans is so... yeah. There's actually just one Sans right? He just changes depending on the dimension. In UNDERTALE he's Sans the Comedian but then he can be murderous, kind, scary... broken..."

"Frisk, you are one smart cookie. Yes, this is true. It's why your Sans is so lazy." Gaster lets out a long laugh and I grin, before sighing. I have to continue this timeline for a while. Gaster seems to pick up on my emotion and he holds out a holey hand.

"For two people who were FIGHTing just ten minutes ago, we seem to be at an impasse. I shall let you go... For now." I can hear the warning in Gaster's voice, and I heed it. I pick up my knife, which fell from my hand some time ago, and I run about a mile before looking back and seeing the tall skeleton just stood there.

Watching

Waiting