Selfish

🌹 Cameron's POV 🌹

I could barely see anything, everything was blurry. My eyes have never burned so badly in my life.

I looked around for Anastasia and saw her blurry figure. She was lying on the ground with blood pouring from her. I crawled over to her and her eyes were closed. I pulled her close panicking and pulled out my phone calling the cops.

I just stared at Anastasia. She's so beautiful. I ran my fingers through her hair. Everything in site was still blurry but I felt like my view of her was clear.

60 and his gang all hopped into a black car with tinted windows and sped off.

I wouldn't be able to live with myself if Anastasia were to die. She deserves better than I could ever give. This is all my fault. I'm a hot head, I have anger issues I've always had and always will. I'm no good for Anastasia, if she makes it, I'm leaving her so she can be safe. I can't be selfish anymore.

I kissed her head as the ambulance pulled up. They quickly came up to us with a hospital bed. They lifted her into the ambulance and I stood there watching as they pulled off. I couldn't bare to continue seeing her that way.

"Why the fuck you asking me so many questions?" I asked the investigator studying Anastasia's case. The light was so dim but it felt like it was shining bright on my face.

"All we know is that we found you holding your bloody girlfriend in your hands, speechless. Could you tell me how that happened?" She asked calmly.

"I told you a thousand times! Ask the neighbors they saw everything!" I replied.

"The neighbors said they saw nothing. So tell me... How did it start? Did she get mad at you? I bet you two were arguing and you shot her."

"I would never hurt Anastasia."

"That's not what her friends and mom said"

"They never liked me"

"Why would they like someone that hurt their loved one?"

"I've never hurt Ana!"

"So this was the first time you hurt her? This must be weighing heavy on your chest."

"That's enough!" Some random old man came in and began. "I'm his lawyer."

I let out a deep breath relieved.