Mistakes

Sitting at the desk in my class room was so boring. I was worried about my Mom and if Sia would say anything to the nurses at the daycare. I looked up at the board and watched the teacher speak. Words came out, but it was like I wasn't hearing anything.

"Ana! Anastasia!" I heard a faint voice call. I opened my eyes and realized that I had fallen asleep . I looked around then back towards the board and realized everyone, including the teacher was staring at me.

"Anastasia would you be able to tell me what happened on page 11?" Mrs. Doam asked as raising an eyebrow.

"Uhm no" I replied still waking up.

"Exactly, now pay attention."

I rolled my eyes. If only she knew why I was sleeping. I realized that everyone has a life as vivid and real as my own. Everyone has a reason to do things, sometimes the reason is simple and stupid and other times there's reasons like mines, complicated and private.

I was ready to walk out of class once the bell rung and Mrs. Doam tapped my shoulder. I stayed behind and she waited until all of the students left the class.

"What's going on with you today Ana? You're never asleep during lessons." She asked concerned.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Doam. I'm just not feeling so good." I replied.

"I get it and if theres anything you need to talk ab-"

"There's not. " I interrupted

She nodded and began to write a note.

"Here take this to the nurse, I think maybe you should go home early."

I smiled and nodded, taking the nurses note.

I liked Mrs.Doam, she was one of the few teachers that cared about the students. Most teachers come here just to get through the day everyday and collect a check every other week. I get it though, the students take their anger out on teachers and get a attitude for extra cool points. I never understood why disrespecting our elders made you seem cool.

I walked up to the nurses office and saw Cameron sitting on the bed. The nurse was giving him a baggy of ice and he applied it to his knuckles, she also gave him a small dose of pain meds. The nurse looked over at me and pointed at the sign in log. I quickly turned around and began to sign myself in. The nurse began to walk out of the room.

"I'll be right back." She said as walking out.

Cameron came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. He sat his head on my shoulder and kissed my cheek.

I turned around and looked him in the eye.

"Why didn't you tell me you were hurt?" I asked as my eyes wondered around his face.

"I didn't wanna bother you babe." He replied.

'Babe'? Does that mean were a couple now? I was so confused. I didn't want to be a basic bitch and ask what are we.

"Just let me know next time, and I never really got the chance to say thank you for what you did for my mom, I know she's greatful too."

"Your mom never really liked me and your pops basically hated me already so I didn't really have anything to lose."

I chuckled then hugged him. The nurse walked in a made a noise like she was clearing her throat.

"Goodbye Cameron." She said as pointing at the door.

I chuckled and she raised an eyebrow at me. Cameron quickly walked out and then I looked over at the nurse. She gave me a brown paper bag full of condoms. I rolled my eyes and then decided to leave. I threw the bag of condoms in the trash as soon as I saw a trash can.

I saw a large crowd of students form around 2 girls and it seemed like they were about to fight. I realized that Mya was one of the girls and quickly broke through the crowd. People had their phones out trying to record the fight. Once I got in the middle I grabbed Mya's arm she looked at my angrily.

"Get the fuck off of me Ana!" She yelled.

"Don't do this Mya!" I yelled back.

"Let them fight!" I heard someone else yell.

I grabbed on Mya's arm and pulled her out of the crowd. The girl she was trying to fight was still talking shit but I just ignored. Mya still had a cast on her leg and everything, what the hell was she thinking?! I pulled her into the bathroom which was thankfully empty at the time.

"Get the fuck off of me! What's your problem?!" Mya yelled.

"No! What the fuck were you thinking?! You have a fucking cast on your leg Mya!" I yelled back

"So?!"

"So you were going to get your ass whooped on camera!"

Mya lowered her head and let a tear escape.

"You're right." She whispered as folding her arms with her head lowered. I hugged her and she hugged me back tightly.

"But who the fuck does that bitch think she is huh?"

"Save that shit for when you don't have a big ass boot of a cast on your leg now let's go." I told her.

She called her roommate, Ginger and we sat in the front office until she came. I helped Mya in the car and put her crutches in the trunk. I got in the passenger seat and Ginger watched me as she inhaled a blunt.