Simplicity

Me and Cameron were sleeping in Mya's king sized bed when I heard the door open. I figured it was Mya and laid my head back on Cameron's chest.

"Mya I-" Ginger cried as walking into Mya's room not expecting to see me. I sat up, I had on a large T-shirt and panties.

"Are you okay Ging?" I asked.

Cameron was such a heavy sleeper, geez.

Ginger broke down in tears and buried her face into her hands. I quickly ran up to her hugging her trying to bring her comfort but she just cried. Cameron finally began to stir so I just walked Ginger into the living room closing the door behind us. She sat down on the couch across from me and I sat close to her as she poured her eyes out. I looked over at my shoulder and it was wet from tears.

"Ginger, what happened?" I asked worried.

"He- he- just" she began. " he called me saying that he wanted to see me. I told him to just come over here and that I was tired. He told me to bring my ass over there so I did and I left and did as I was told. When I got there he was with 3 of his friends and they all smiled at me. They were old heads even older than Devon.
So I wanted to leave but he said he wanted me to meet his friends. I was like hi and bye and he slapped me across my face and said that they wanted to be greeted in a different way. He said that its only his friends it aint like they are strangers." Ginger cried.

After she told me she cried even harder, I hugged her tightly. I knew something was off about that guy. I helped Ginger into the shower and she got cleaned up. I knew she wasn't going to press charges, Devon would kill her for sure. I got up and left PJs on the bed for her and made sure she went to bed comfortably. I felt so bad about what happened to her, Ginger had a attitude sometimes but at the end of the day she had a good heart and didn't deserve this. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

I watched Ginger sleep thinking about how I could help her. All I could think of was killing Devon, my mind goes to dark places when someone hurts someone I care about.

I fell asleep on the lazy boy chair in Gingers room. I then heard a loud banging on the door. I woke up and realized Ginger was still asleep, I didn't want this to wake her so I quietly left her room and closed the door behind me. I ran to the door and opened it.

Devon was standing there with flowers.

"Is Ginger here?" He asked angrily.

"No, she's not." I replied .

"Stop lying bitch"

"You're lucky she didn't call the cops on your bitch ass"

"Listen here fat bitch if you try to put shit in her head I swear to god I'm gonna-"

Cameron walked up behind me and grabbed onto my waist pulling me close.

"You're gonna what?" Cameron asked with confidence. Devon just stood there in silence. "You're gonna what?" Cameron asked again raising his voice. He let go of me and pushed Devon knocking the flowers out of his hand. I pulled on Cameron's arm but he quickly broke lose of my grip.

"That's what I thought Nigga" Cameron said in his face looking Devon up and down. Cameron walked in slamming the door behind him. I walked into the kitchen and began to cook breakfast . This was just another one of Cameron's outburst but Devon deserved it and worse.

I cooked cheesy eggs, sausage, and pancakes. Me and Cameron dug in as watching cartoons on the couch. I saved a plate for Mya and Ginger and left them both on the counter.

Ginger walked out of her room looking down at her phone. She grabbed the plate of food and quickly walked back into her room. I looked over at Cameron and he shrugged. I shrugged back and we continued to watch 'Courage The Cowardly Dog' which was one of my favorite shows.

After we finished eating Cameron grabbed our plates and washed them off in the sink.

"Come on I'm going to drop you off at home" Cameron said as putting his hand out.

"What? Why? Its only Saturday schools not for another 2 days." I asked confused not wanting to leave.

"Because I want to take you out and we can't go with you in a T-shirt or wearing your school uniform"

"Why nottt" I said doing a fake poutty face.

"Babe." He said seriously.

"Fine, I'll get my bag."

Goat pulled up dropping Mya off who looked like she had a long night. Little did she know, we both did. We hugged and she kissed my cheek sloppily. I could tell that she was a little drunk. I decided not to tell her about Ginger, I felt like it was Gingers choice not mines. I didn't want to be spreading her personal business.

Goat gave us a ride and dropped Cameron off. After that it was just me and him in his car alone.