Talking .. Or Not

I sat in the Goat's car nervous and looking down at my palms.

"You really look extra beautiful tonight." Goat said breaking the silence.

"Extra beautiful?" I asked as smiling.

"You always look beautiful, but tonight you topped that."

"Stop that Goat." I said as giggling.

"What? I can't tell you how beautiful you are?"

"So what movie are we going to see?"

"Something scary. I know how much you like horror movies."

"I didn't know you knew that."

"I know you don't be thinking that I be watching but I really be paying attention to you shawty."

"Gabriel..." I said as placing my hand into his. He glanced over at me smiling and held onto my hand.

When we got to the movies we got nachos and popcorn and shared a slurpee. He said he didn't like slurpees but drunk most of mines.

During the movie I kept catching Goat looking over at me. I cuddled up next to him covering my eyes when ever a scary part came on.

Once the movie was over Goat was unlocking the car door when Cameron ran up and punched him. Dawn was standing there in shock and I was too.

"For real my nig?!" Cameron yelled. I quickly got in between Cameron and Goat. The tension was so thick.

"You tryna fuck around with my girl now?!" Cameron yelled and Goat held onto his jaw that Cameron just punched. Dawn began to nervously rub her arm.

"Let's go Camri before we miss the movie." Dawn said grabbing Cameron's arm. Is this bitch seriously worried about a movie right now? They turned around and Cameron angrily walked away.

I held onto Goat's face checking to see if he was okay. He looked me in the eyes and put his hand on my face, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He nodded and reached in to kiss me but I turned my head. I pulled him into a hug and kissed his temple. He smiled and kissed my forehead.

"Let's go to your house and I'll cook us dinner " I said to him smiling. He nodded.

As soon as we got to his apartment I put ice in a baggy and placed it on his jaw so it wouldn't swell up.

I began to cook fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. Goat began to dig into the food as soon as I sat the plate down in front of his face.

"Damn girl, you can really cook." He said as eating. I smiled,my Dad had taught me how to cook. He basically told me what to do from his couch and watching TV.

I sat down next to him and he looked over at me smiling. We sat across from each other talking all night long. I found out that his favorite color is red because its dark and hot. He told me that he's actually black and Puerto Rican when I thought he was just fully Puerto Rican . I learned so much about him and he learned a lot about me too.

I was happy that he didn't try anything sexual with me.

Cameron of course still sat at the back of my mind.