Shots

My eyes widened and I heard one of the guys say "come on over shawty" I began to walk across the street to get the keys from Kye. I stood in front of the gate that was in front of their house debating weather or not I'd want to go through. These men shot Cameron and are out to hurt my Dad.

"Come on!" I heard Kye yell.

I walked through the gate and up the steps to the porch. Kye was laughing and joking around with the guys up there. They all stared at me when I approached.

"I need the keys Kye." I said as holding onto my phone tightly.

"Joshie got them" he replied then continued to talk to the guys. I rolled my eyes.

"Where is he?"

"He up stairs Lil mama" one of the guys replied. I looked over at him and he looked up from his phone.

"Up the stairs, to the right."

I began to walk in their house when I saw a guy and girl kissing on the couch, another guy was smoking weed and had a bottle of vodka in his hand. I walked up the steps and look around for Joshie. I found him getting some head from a girl that had her top off.

"Joshie" I yelled, startling him.

He quickly stood up pulling his pants up and putting his shirt over his head. The girl just laid against the bed wiping off the corners of her lips. She began to laugh and I realized that she had to be on some type of drugs. I grabbed Joshie by his arm and pulled him out of the room.

"Joshieee babyyy don't go" she cried. I rolled my eyes again and took Joshie down the steps with me, everyone was now staring at us. I walked out onto the porch angry.

"We're leaving " I said looking up at Kye.

"You gonna let her Bitch you around like that Kye?" A boy asked standing up from out of his chair. Kye looked over at him as the guy walked over to me.

"60" one of the others said as grabbing onto his arm but he shook them off.

"He ain't going anywhere" 60 said as getting in my face. He was very calm but deadly.

"Yes, the fuck he is. Now let's go" I said pushing pass him and grabbing onto Kye.

"I ain't going anywhere" Kye said cutting lose of my grip.

"Oh so that's how you feel Kye? You going to buddy up to these niggas? I thought you were smarter than that" I said. Kye just remained silent so I just took and Joshie's arm and left. Once we got in the house I sat on the couch angry.

"Im sorry Ana" Joshie said looking down.

"You ain't doing anything wrong hun, your brother the one that I'm mad at." I replied. He sat down on the couch next to me.

"Kye isn't like this, he'll come to his senses"

"We can only hope" I said as getting off the couch. I began to walk upstairs and got directly into the shower. I still had grass in my hair from rolling around in it.

When I got out the shower I threw on sweat pants and a tank top. I grabbed my phone and walked down stairs setting up the couch for me to sleep on. I then heard gun shots and quickly ran outside. I saw girls running out of the house across the street and I ran over to them.

"What happened?!" I yelled to them as they cried. Some didn't even have shirts on, they just stood there crying and covering up their breast. I ran past the people coming out and got in the house. I saw Kye holding onto 60's bleeding chest. I grabbed Kye's arm and tears rolled down his cheeks.

"We can't just leave him!" He cried. We began to hear sirens and he frantically looked around .

"We gotta go!" I yelled to him. We ran out the house and Kye had blood all over his hands. Right after we got into the house the cops pulled up across the street. Kye sat on the couch in shock looking down at his bloody hands.

"I- I should've just listened to you." Kye said in shock.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a damp soapy wash cloth. I got on my knees in front of Kye and began to wash off his bloody hands. We then heard a hard knock on the door. I looked up at Kye who was now a nervous wreck. He put his hands on his head and began to shake his head.

"I'll be right back, just wipe off your hands okay" I said to him rubbing his shoulder for comfort.

I answered the door and saw a police officer standing there. I looked across the street and saw multiple cop cars and an ambulance.

"Hi miss, may I have your first and last name?" The officer asked with a note pad in his hand.

"Anastasia Lox" I replied smiling.

"We just had a disturbance across the street here, and we're just asking all of the neighbors if they saw anything."

"No, I didn't see anything all I heard was a gunshot"

"Well thanks for your time miss"

I closed the door as he walked away. What a nice cop I thought to myself. I turned around to see Kye standing there with the wash cloth in my hand.

"What happened Kye?" I asked worried.

He sat down on the couch and I followed him. Joshie was upstairs asleep in my bed, I'm guessing he didn't hear anything.

"We were just chilling ya know, kicking back having a lit ass time. But then some Nigga comes in yelling about his money and shots just went off. Everyone start zooming past me and I saw 60 lying on the ground. I had to help him man, I would never forgive myself if I didn't try." Kye said as looking down at the ground. I smiled at him and tilted his head up with my hand.

"You did help him trust me Kye" I said as smiling. He smiled back and then we began to hug. We walked up stairs and I let out a deep breath thankful that Kye didn't have anything to do with 60 getting hurt.

I then began to hear gunshots go off again.