Cops

Kye quickly ran down the steps to check on me. I looked out the window and saw the cops hiding behind their cars holding their gun. Shots began to go off in the house again and I saw the bright flash in the houses windows. Kye looked out the window with me and we watched 4 more cop cars pull up. I quickly called my mom to tell her to stay clear of the street right now. I called but her phone went straight to voice mail, it must be dead. I then called my 14 year old sister Sarina.

"What?" She answered with an attitude.

"Where are y'all at?" I asked concerned.

"We walking past the park, mommy got us McDonalds you salty or nah?"

"Shut up and give the phone to mom"

My moms voice then came up.

"What's all these cop cars we seeing by my house?" She asked.

"Mom, walk the back street and come in through the back door they shooting across the street."

"Okay okay are you guys alright?" She asked worried.

"Yes mom we're fine, just stay safe okay?"

"Bye Ana"

"Bye mom I love you"

"I love you too"

She then hung up and I sat down on the couch holding onto my phone worried. Kye went and sat at the back door waiting for their arrival. Every time we heard a gun shot I closed my eyes and held onto my phone tighter. What the fuck are those cops doing over there? Joshie came down stairs rubbing his eyes wondering what's going on. I just ran up to him and hugged him and he hugged me back. I began to cry because more gun shots went off. Kye walked back and forth in the kitchen covering his ears. Joshie wiped my tears away and then walked in the kitchen with Kye.

"I don't know what's taking them so long!" Kye yelled to Joshie. We then saw our sisters and mom walk in the door. They all hugged and I smiled in relief to see them. I walked in the kitchen and hugged Sia tightly. We all went upstairs and stayed there. I slept with my sister Kayah in her bed and the boys slept in my room.

Everyone was asleep in the house but I just couldn't fall asleep. I felt like something bad was going to happen I just had a really bad feeling. I shot up from Kayah's bed when I heard a voice that I knew. I then looked out their bedroom window and saw what looked like my Dad bloody and struggling against the cops. I ran down stairs and out the door. I ran across the street and saw that it really was my dad. I tried to get past the cops but they wouldn't let me through.

"Dad! Dad!" I cried trying to break loose from the cops grip. He ran towards me but a cop quickly grabbed him and another began to taze him.

Tears rolled down my face and the cops continued to pull me back.

"Leave him alone!" I cried as my dad fell to the ground. The cop picked him up and put him in hand cuffs then threw him in a cop car.

"Mam stop before we arrest you!" A cop that was holding me back yelled. He then pushed me and I fell to the ground crying.

"Get out of here!" The cop that came to my door then told me as the other cop began to pull out cuffs. He began to talk to that cop and I got up running back into my house. I slid down the door crying.