forty three - 4:07pm

Start from the beginning

"But I'm not the one that's running for class pres," Rayan returns.

"You and I both know we hate that motherfucker Trevor," Jacob counters back, sounding like a narcissist as he was rubbing his hands together, sitting back, and propping his feet up on the small desk. "We don't exactly know why he's doing this. He's not smart whatsoever. Like did you say that he scored the lowest on this damn math exam y'all had last semester?"

"Yeah, and so did I," Rayan states the obvious, then shoves Jacob's feet. "And get your fucking feet off my desk, man. This is my work place and no one cares that you have on Yeezys just like everyone else."

Jacob looks pretty bewildered at his best friend while place his feet back on the floor. "Why you don't wanna help me?"

"Well, having a shitty school year actually gives you the potential to do right and kill everything," Rayan asserts nonchalantly while putting away his tattoo equipments for now. He wasn't so aware on what he just said until now. "And if you mentioning anything about that song, I'm gonna put a nice ass tat on your pupils."

So Jacob toss away his pun by holding his tongue back and slowly nodding his head.

But actually, that didn't help at all. He still don't know how he should put this speech off. He wants to try his very best to get the most votes for next semester. Lowkey, Jacob wants to depend on someone else to help with this type of shit since Rayan's not gonna do anything this time. Until he realized that his best friend made a point, that he needs to take a little more seriously to help.

It would be nice if Jacob accomplish something without help of others. Of course he can get things done on his own, otherwise he wouldn't be selling drugs in the past. But this is something big that deals with his academics.

"Ray, I'm so sorry that I'm late that I know you had to ink my customers and yours at the same time," a raven medium haired girl scurried over to the boys, giving Rayan a look of sympathy with a nervous grin. Her buttermilk skin was definitely inked everywhere, even though she's wearing a band t-shirt with ripped skinny jeans. Her arms and fingers was uniquely designed that Jacob wants to compliment her tattoos every time he see her. But questionably, he's apprehensive and questions a lot to himself.

"KP, wow, glad to see your ass," Rayan smiles sarcastically at her. "And that's cool because I'm getting paid more than you right now."

"It don't work that way, nigga," she playfully pushes the long haired young adult, before letting out a small laugh before walking off. "And hey, Jacob."

"Hey, Kehlani," Jacob returns the greeting, after staring at her in silence. Obviously, he was staring at her because she seems to take Jacob by surprise with her gorgeous looks. Kehlani was his crush at one point.

And now he's completely single, his mind can be filled with her again.

Over a year ago, Jacob got the side of his left index finger tattooed, which is his mom's birthdate indicated in lowercase roman numerals, and the date of her death on his other index finger. Also, a semicolon is permanently drawn on his left wrist. That semicolon is a reminder for him to end the cutting that he would depend on whenever he was... broken. Just like last night. Though most of you know this, the semicolon tattoo is a social media movement that was established three years ago. The meaning of the tatted punctuation mark is wanting to cope the struggle of depression or other mental issues by presenting hope and love. The semicolon means that you could've ended your life━similar to sentences━but you chose not to. Jacob's satisfied that he decided to get that tattoo before getting a tattoo that have no legit meaning or story, just like everyone else he sees. The artist that inked the three hidden tattoos on his skin was Kehlani.