Chapter 132: Hurry

Chapter 132: Hurry

When Ariel left them, the Vikings and Fantasians did not fare well. They also did not 'farewell,' and they didn't for a ridiculous reason: Merida had Inferno, Hiccup had Ariel's trident, and neither trusted the other to make a fair exchange. That was their sole motivation for traveling together...

Oh! And they were also competing to find King Arthur. The Vikings aimed to capture, the Fantasians were planning a rescue – so Arthur was also a concern. But the weaponry came first. Arthur came second. Nobody wanted to share toys, and everybody wanted to tag King Arthur.

Things looked dismal. Productive, but dismal. True, they were making good headway to Avalon, but Tooth and Crysta (who were getting along famously) wished the war would end so they wouldn't have to babysit.

"Non-avians." grumbled Tooth.

"Land dwellers." Crysta muttered.

Together, they scrutinized the humans like poorly brushed teeth. Then, with an irritable flick, Tooth and Crysta unruffled their wings and continued to Avalon.

The journey was not long, and it was certainly faster than their previous attempts. Prior to Ariel's surrender, both companies had been searching blindly for Avalon, giving credence to the phrase 'all those who wander are DEFINITELY lost.'

However, after Ariel's surrender, they did exactly what Ariel said: they trailed Captain Hook. And it worked. The Jolly Roger led them straight to Avalon.

"Right." Bunny thumped a snowbank. The earth emptied into a rabbit hole. "I'm heading back to the Warren. We'll have North open his snowglobe to Avalon. Once the portal opens, we'll bring Fantasia's army through. In the meantime – "

Bunny hopped through his hole. "Find King Arthur. Be quick mates."

"You too!" Tooth called. "Bunny go fast!"

Bunny laughed as his hole magically refilled, and a pink flower blossomed in its place. The earth rumbled as he raced to the Warren, in answer to Tooth's plea. Bunny go fast? Please. You don't want to race a six foot rabbit, mate.

"Okay troops head out!" Flynn waved his frying pan at Avalon. "Quietly and quickly, so we don't run into Captain Hook or – "

Astrid yanked Flynn's collar. Flynn shouted, but Astrid muffled his cry with a face full of snow. It was lucky she did – Flynn had almost alerted the enemy. Three mesmerized dragons flew overhead as Sher Khan, Scar, and Kaa slithered from the forest, sniffing for the intruders.

Their enemies were everywhere.

"This is not good Hiccup." Astrid drummed Flynn's head (still stuffed in the snow). Morbidly, she surveyed Avalon. "This is seriously not good, we have no angle of entry. They've got sentries on land and sky. We'll be seen when we attack."

"Yeah and don't forget about Drago!" Snoutlout pointed to Skullcrusher. The dragon was gliding vigilantly around the Jolly Roger. Drago was on the saddle, his bullhook embedded in Skullcrusher's hide. "The second Drago sees our dragons, he'll do the creepy screaming thing!"

"And hypnotize our poor babies." Fishlegs finished. He gave Meatlug a fierce, affectionate kiss. "Well not my girl! She doesn't like being hypnotized by bad Vikings. Do you girl? Do you?"

Meatlug shook her head. She returned Fishlegs' kiss. No she did not!

Merida and Robin rolled their eyes. So did Ruffnutt and Tuffnutt. Sentiment. Blech.