Chapter 69

Audrey's Pov

"Aubrey." Mom said.

"My little girl." Mom said smiling. Aubrey hugged her.

"Audrey." Mom said.

I rolled my eyes.

"Uh yeah that's my name." I said.

"I'm sorry." Mom said.

"Yeah well sorry I practically had to raise Aubrey." I snapped.

"Yeah well-"

"It's time to go." Coach said.

I threw Aubrey in the air and kissed her all over your face. She giggled.

"I gotta go." I said.

Mom nodded and went into the crowd.

"Come on Flash!" People in the crowd yelled.

"Brooks looking a lot better from that record and hasn't run the ball this whole game which is quite terrifying." Ref said chuckling.

Alexa just smiled.

"You still scared?" One guy asked smirking at Alexa.

She chuckled.

Alexa's Pov

"I'm a Brooks. There isn't such a thing as being scared." I said.

"Yes there is! I'm scared that your gonna get hurt!" Mom yelled.

People laughed and so did I.

"I'm fine! Set Hike!" I yelled.

"No one on the team can get open and Brooks goes for the run. 45 40 35 30 25 20 15 10 5 and that girl is gone! By far the best high school quarter back of all time." The ref said.

I threw the ball down. We gotta win.
**************
We won and Audrey wasn't doing fine. In fact it looked like she was going to cry as she held Aubrey on her shoulders.

"Hey are you ok?" Jake asked.

"Don't worry about me." Audrey said.

"You always do this. Whenever something happens you always have to be a hard ass and not let anyone help you." Jake snapped.

Audrey rolled her eyes.

"I'll watch Aubrey." Jason said.

Audrey nodded and Jason took her.

"Audrey come here." Jake said.

Audrey's Pov

"Jake I'm fine. If I'm not dead I'm fine." I said.

"I hate it when you shut me out like this." Jake snapped. I chuckled. Not humorously though.

"Not every time I tell you that I'm fine I'm shutting you out or pushing you away." I snapped. You are this time.

"Yeah you are. Whenever you say your 'fine' that means your bottling your emotions up." Jake said. That's exactly what it means.

"No it doesn't. It means I'm fine and it doesn't matter." I snapped. Liars go to hell.

"You know liars go to hell." Jake snapped. The one saying that goes between us group of friends. Liars go to hell.

"Well if you don't like it then find better." I snapped. No don't find better.

"I'm not leaving." Jake snapped back at me. I rolled my eyes and moved away from him and moved on the carpet. Yes we've argued the whole walk home.

"Yo Audrey can I get popcorn?" Alexa asked.

We put on the news and Alexa was on there. She rolled her eyes before changing the channel.

"Go back." Jay snapped.

"I hate-"

Jay crashed his lips on hers and gently grabbed the remote from her hands and changed the channel. Before she even realized.

"Damn you Jay." Alexa snapped.

"Brooks wins leads her game to the championship that's happening this Sunday. Just might be the first win for these sophomores in 2 years." The reporter said.

Alexa immediately changed the channel and put on football lives and I chuckled.

I went upstairs to check on Aubrey.

"Hey she's fine." Some girl said.

"Um why were you touching my little girl?" I asked.

She laughed.

"I'm not going to hurt her. I was just helping Jason watch her. She's a really beautiful happy girl." Kayla said.

"Thanks." I said smiling before going to see her in Jason's room. She was asleep and I picked her up and kissed her forehead.

"I love you." I whispered as tears pricked in my eyes but I blinked them away.

I put her down and walked out. I stretched and cracked my neck before walking back downstairs.

"Where were you?" Jake asked. Still caring.

"I went to go check on Aubrey." I said.

Jake nodded.

He moved to the carpet and pulled me close to him.

"I love you." He said.

"Love you too." I whispered.

I fell asleep in his arms.