Chapter 20

I got to school and opened my locker and took some of my books.

I turned around to see Jake.

"Uh hey kitten." Jake said.

"Hey Jake." I said.

"Um are you doing better from yesterday?" Jake asked.

"I was find yesterday and I'm fine now." I said as I closed my locker.

"Audrey I know your mad at me and I don't know why. Tell me why. Please." Jake pleaded.

"Jake I'm not mad at you." I said.

"Kitten I know you're mad. What did I say yesterday?" Jake asked.

"Oh my fucking gosh. I like you! And I heard what you said at practice. Ok I said it!" I yelled and ran off before he could say anything.

I heard footsteps. Damn what the hell does he do to make him run so fast?! Oh he plays football. But you know I play basketball so I run faster.

Nope that's not the case because I fucking got caught. You know what? This feels like subway surfers.

"Audrey." Jake said snapping me out of my thoughts. Oh wait that's right I'm trying to get away from him. I pushed him and made a run for it but he grabbed me by the waist.

"Kitten I play football you're gonna need a lot more than that to get away from me." Jake said.

"Hey stop touching me." I snapped at him.

"Why are you doing this?" Jake asked.

"Because I told you I liked you and I feel dumb because you don't even-"

He kissed me. What the fuck? So cliche. I'm disgusted.

He slipped his tongue in and explored my mouth. We pulled away.

"Have you ever heard of lying?" Jake whispered.

"Ooh your going to hell. What'd you lie about?" I asked.

Jake chuckled.

"Not liking you. I lied. I like you so much it hurts. I like the way you smile. I like the way you bite your lip. I like the way you keep it a hundred. Hell I even like the way you play basketball." Jake said.

"I don't like you Jake." I lied.

"You don't?" Jake asked.

"No I don't." I said.

"Why're you lying?" Jake asked.

"I'm not lying because I don't like any guys." I said. Do I really have to do this shit to keep my wall up?

"Audrey you just said you liked me. And you meant it. I know you did because I've been around you long enough." Jake said.

"Haven't you ever heard of lying?" I asked and walked off.

Jakes Pov

I shrugged it off. She's trying to keep she wall up but I'm not letting go.

That girl is something else. I sigh and walk to class as I hear the bell. I think I have this class with Audrey anyways.

Once I get there I see Audrey talking to Alexa. I sit next to Audrey making her glare at me.

"Go away Jake." Audrey said.

"I'm not going away. Sorry." I replied.

"I don't like you. At all." Audrey said.

"I don't believe invalid bullshit. Try harder." I said shrugging.