Chapter 35

We got home.

"Daddy can we stay at the cabin for break?" Alexa asked. There goes my friend. Daddy's girl.

"Sure muffin. But make sure no one gets hurt. I trust you." Dad said kissing her forehead.

Aubrey woke up and she started shaking.

"Aubrey." I said grabbing her.

"W-was h-he g-going to h-hurt m-me?" Aubrey stuttered crying.

It hurt me to see my little girl like this.

"No he wasn't. I promise. Come on we're going camping for break." I said placing a kiss on her cheek.

She nodded as I carried her upstairs to start packing.

I packed bag for her and me.

"Are you guys packing?" I asked.

"No we keep stuff at the cabin." Jason replied.

I nodded.

We walked out of the house and got in my car.

"Let me drive." Jake said softly grabbing my hand.

"Stop touching me." I said.

"Stop being such a hard ass when people around you care about you." Jake snapped.

"Well I never told you to care about me. I was fine alone." I said.

"If that's what you want to believe." Jake said chuckling.

"Whatever." I said rolling my eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me." Jake said.

I rolled my eyes again making him get angry.

Alexa gave me the address of the place and I put it on the GPS I had in my car.

"It only takes 30 minutes to get there." Alexa said.

"Oh good. I hate long drives." I replied.

I looked back and I saw Aubrey sleeping peacefully. I leaned over and kissed her on the forehead making her smile.

I smiled to myself and started the car.

I started driving and I came to a red light.

My phone buzzed.

You may have killed your Dad but the gang is still out to kill your sister and then you.

The light turned green and I stepped on it. A tear left my eye but I wiped it away.

"Hey are you ok?" Jake asked.

"Yeah." I said. Don't break down. Don't break down.

"Audrey-"

"Please don't ask me anymore questions before I lose it." I said gripping the steering wheel.

Jake nodded and grabbed my hand. This time I let it happen and I could see the smile that took over on his face.

We got there 20 minutes later and we got out of the car.

Aubrey woke up.

"Are we here?" She whispered to Jason. Jason nodded and picked her up.

The cabin had two floors and had tvs and bathrooms on both of them. It was actually really nice.

We walked inside and I went to a bathroom to change into my pajamas. Jake did the same.

I was walking but suddenly I was swept off of me feet. Jake picked me up.

"You should go to bed." Jake whispered.

"I have to-" Jake kissed me to shut me up. It was so gentle and slow. Not needy and rushed.

He pulled away.

Jake got in bed with me and put his arms around my waist.

"Move your fucking arms." I said sternly.

"Tiger stop being a hard ass and just be a normal girl for once. Please." Jake said.

I sighed but nodded. I closed my eyes and I moved closer to Jake and he tightened his grip.

"I love you so much." Jake whispered. Maybe I was hearing things.