Chapter 19

Audrey's Pov

I let myself trust him. I let myself like him. I messed up.

I gripped the steering wheel as I drove home. How is Aubrey doing? I don't know.

I got to Alexa's house and looked for Aubrey who was in Jason's room.

"Aubrey." I said and she ran and hugged me.

"Hi." She said.

"Why is your face wet?" I asked.

"I was crying." Aubrey said.

"Baby what happened at school?" I asked.

"I got bullied. I don't fit in with the other kids. They're all bigger and meaner. I'm just smarter." Aubrey said.

"Hey that's a great thing to be smarter." Jason said.

"Yeah but when I'm smarter they call me nerds and big heads and they push and hit and kick and there crazy. I tried telling and they kicked me harder when it was recess." Aubrey said shrugging.

I was angry.

Aubrey started crying.

"I want to go back to second grade." Aubrey said crying.

"Aubrey." Jason said as she picked her up.

"Yes Jason?" Aubrey said looking at him.

"You know how to fight back right?" Jason asked.

"You don't understand. There like animals. Literally. They don't come alone. They come in packs. Like we're talking 5 people kicking 5 people punching. Why do you think I have all these scars?" Aubrey asked.

"I'll come in tomorrow and miss school. I need to get away anyways." I said thinking about Jake.

"No I got it. You go to school tomorrow. I'll tell Dad." Jason said.

I nodded and sighed and walked off to my room.

Tomorrow is just Tuesday. I wish it was the weekend.

I gotta see Jake tomorrow. Fuck.

Alexa soon gets home.

"Hey Audrey what happened back there?" Alexa asked.

"Nothing. Good night." I said trying to shake her off.

"I'm not going to bed and you're not going to bed until you tell me what's wrong." Alexa said firmly as she sat on her bed.

Alexis walked in soon.

"What's wrong Audrey?" Alexis asked.

"Nothing is wrong with me." I said putting my pillow over my head.

"You see this? All this drama never happened before you let boys in. Besides your Dad there was not drama. Now you're mad. I know I'm staying single." Alexis said making me laugh.

"I haven't let a boy in but he's been trying to get in." I said.

"The guys always win. You see that? That's why I avoid eye contact. If they even catch your eye your toast." Alexis said making me laugh again.

"How do you know all these tips?" I asked.

"I've been in the game for years. I don't know what guys are looking at but they find me attractive so I gotta learn the game." Alexis said shrugging making me laugh again.

"Hey shut up Alexis. Don't try and mess this up." Alexa said.

"There's nothing to mess up I just don't want any boys getting close. I've had issues with that all of last year." I said.

Alexa glared at Alexis.

"Hey she wanted them." Alexis said.

Alexa chuckled.

"Good night girls." Alexa said.

"Good night." We replied.