Chapter 7

Moms Pov

I made breakfast like I always do and slip out for a run. But before I do that I leave a note on the table.

I occasionally run in the mornings when I can.

I run outside and the cool breeze hits me making me shiver but I shake it off and start running.

As I'm running someone taps me. I turn around and I can't even take time to see who it is before they kiss me.

I open my eyes and see Jack. Wait Jack?! I pushed him away.

"What the hell Im fucking married!" I yelled.

"Avery I love you." Jack blurted out.

"How the hell did you know I was here?" I asked.

"I've been watching you." Jack said.

"Oh my gosh! You're crazy!" I yelled running as he ran after me. I made it home but he caught me.

"Shh. Don't fight me." He whispered. He kissed me and I pushed him but he just groaned.

"Get away from me!" I yelled. This guy has always been stronger than me.

"Don't fight me or I'll be rough." Jack threatened.

I finally pushed him hard enough to get him away from me but he came back.

He slapped me.

"That was naughty." Jack taunted.

I pushed him again and punched him this time but he punched me. Fuck he's gotten stronger. Shit that hurt. But I continued fighting back. I punched him again and he punched me but I ducked. I slid under his legs and kicked him in the back.

He was on the floor. I ran inside and closed the door and put my back against it.

"Hey honey. How was your run?" Alex asked. He looked like he was just angry.

"Um uh not important but hi guys." I said sitting down at the table.

"Mom your eyes are orange." Justin said.

"Yeah thank you Justin for pointing that out." I said glaring at him.

"Cupcake you ok?" Alex asked.

"Of course." I said.

"Mmhm." Alexis said.

"Would you excuse me?" I asked.

I quickly got up and ran outside. Jack was still unconscious and I moved his body behind the house.

I quickly ran back inside trying to keep my eyes gray. Stay calm. My eyes turned gray and I was proud.

Nobody said anything as breakfast went by.
****************
Justin's Pov

Did anyone find that breakfast weird? She was all nervous and I was just like ok?

I walked outside with my siblings and we saw a guy leaving the area by our back door. He saw us and he smirked.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"The guy that should've married your Mom." Jack said.

"Get the hell away from him." Alexis said.

"See you kids later." Jack said.

"You need help." Christian said.

Jack didn't say anything he just smirked and walked off.

"That's what Mom was hiding." Jason says.

Alexa is silent though.

"Alexa?" I asked.

"I can't be near him." Alexa said.

"Mom told you that she was ok with Jayden." Alexis said.

"Yeah but I don't know if that's good." Alexa said as we walked to school.

"Just don't listen to Dad. I do it on a daily basis." Jason said shrugging.

Alexa nodded but her mind was somewhere else.

Alexa's Pov

I arrived at school. Jayden was there and I walked past him trying to avoid him. But he grabbed my wrist.

"Alexa." He said.

I didn't dare look him in the eye.

"Let go of me." I said.

"Alexa-"

"Let go of me." I said more sharply. He nodded and released me.

Jayden's Pov

What was that all about? I just wanted to see if she was alright considering she didn't want me to drive her to school this morning.

What did I do? We had a lot of fun yesterday. She seemed happy.

Well I don't care because she's not getting rid of me. Not now and not ever. I think I just might love her.

Alexa's Pov

As I walk through the hallways I sigh until I see the court. It's empty and I run inside desperate for basketball right now.

I set my bag down and grab the ball.

I start dribbling the ball and bounce it between my legs and what not. I take a half court. It goes in with a swish. I quickly grab the ball and go in for a dunk that goes in.

I'm left dangling from the hoop making me laugh but I let go.

I go to go get the ball but I hear clapping. Damn it who is it? I turn around to see... coach?

"Why don't you play for school team?" Coach asked.

"Court fright." I said.

"Come here after school 5:30-7:30. I want you on the team." Coach said.

Well I guess I play the family sport.