Chapter 52

Jason's Pov

We have a game today. And I don't even want to play because of Jake. He's such a jerk for not letting Kay on the team.

"You got it Jason." Kayla said.
****************
Yeah we don't got it. It was the end of third quarter and we were down by 30. We had basically lost hope.

"Come on let Kayla on." I said.

"Shut up!" Kayla snapped putting a hand on my mouth. I licked it.

"Gross." Kayla said.

She wiped it on me as I smirked.

"You scared to play a real five on five." He said.

Kayla's Pov

"I'm not playing. You didn't want me on the team." I defended.

"I'm saying you got 15 minutes to be a game changer." He said smirking.

I looked at him. 15 minutes. 30 points.

I looked at him and his smirk grew wider and I looked at the other team who was laughing.

"We so got this! You guys suck!" One guy yelled.

"Ok." I said.

Jason smiled at me.

"You think you can handle it?" One guy on the other team asked.

"Holy shit you're tall you know that?" I asked backing up.

He laughed.

"Let's go girly girl." He said.

The referee through up the ball and I caught it.

I was going extremely hard on him because there guys. Huge ones. He fell and I dunked.

The crowd was going wild as he got up and quickly started running down the court.

One of his teammates tried to pass the it to the same guy I bodied and I jumped up and caught it and hit a half court.

It went in with a swish.

"12 minutes." I said.

They got the ball and he tried to hit a half court but I jumped ho high caught it and made my own half court again.

"11:30." I said panicking.

"This mysterious girl seems to be making a comeback for the lions." The referee said. Holy shit. I looked down at my fresh Jordan's.

I saw a bruise on my arm.

The guy took a shot and I blocked it. I passed it to Jason and he took a three that went in with a swish.

"Nice job Kay." Jason said.

He pecked my forehead before running. Only him. I heard some chuckles. One guy was trying to body me but I put him on lock down. He took a shot and I blocked it.

"What's your name?!" Someone in the crowd yelled.

"It's Kayla! And I only got 11:00 minutes before my life ends!" I yelled back into the crowd as I hit a half court. 11 points scored on my plus three Jason scored. 14 and we only have 10:30. I felt my body start to shake a bit as I almost broke out into panic attack but I quickly stopped it.

"Come on Kayla!" I heard Alexa yell. I wiped the sweat nervously.

"You're scared." He said smirking.

My hands were shaking.

"Stop shaking your hands and play some defense!" Someone yelled.

I nodded.

He took a shot and I blocked it again.

"I bet you got no dribbling skills." He said smirking.

My hands were still shaking. If I lose this game. Damn it I'll never hear the end. I put on my game face.

"Game changing." I said.

I was dribbling but I bounced it between my legs crossing him up and I jumped up and passed it to some open guy on my team who hit a three and we went on break.

"You could've shot." Jason said.

"You know some people like passing the ball sometimes. Even though I'm on a mission." I said. The guys looked at us.

"We're still going to win. We only have 7 minutes. and we're up by 13." He said. 7 minutes.

"Ok guys we can still win this and Kayla keep doing you because it's working." Jake said.

I nodded and out my hair up in my I'm gonna kill you style.

"Come on Kayla!" Aubrey yelled.

"I got you!" I yelled back.

I saw Aubrey smile and I smile back.

"Cute now let's go so we can win." He said.

"O-ok." I stuttered a bit.

"What the hell?! Don't show him your scared!" Jake yelled.

"Hey watch it no defense. Aubrey is in the crowd listening!" I yelled as I played defense. My hands were shaking.

5 minutes! I blocked his shot and I hit a full court.

The crowd was pin drop silent but I know what I'm doing and it's saving time. It danced on the rim but went in.

The crowd was totally wild.

4:30 minutes.

The same guy got the ball and he tried to pass it but I caught it. I passed it to another guy on my team and he hit a half court. It went in with a swish. I bro hugged him before and he smiled.

Down by 7 4:00.

They tried to score but I caught the ball and hit another full court. 4 2:00. Stop wasting my time I have to win this game. The other team was starting to look worried about us. Especially me.

He tried to take a shot but I blocked and hit another full court. 1 point 30 seconds. They got the ball and tried to score. Jason got the rebound.

"Shoot that Kay!" Jason and I shot a full court. I closed my eyes.

I heard it bounce off the rim and I sighed knowing I missed but I was wrong because the crowd went wild. It went in!

We won!

"We won!" I yelled.

"You did it Kay." Jason said.

He kissed my cheek and I smiled.

The team was about to raise me up.

The other team looked mad.

"Hey Eugene!" Jake called be my last name.

I turned my head.

"Practice is right after school. Don't be late." He said.

"Ok. If you want." I said.