Chapter 17

The next day at school I was walking on my sprained ankle which wasn't the best but I fought Dad to go to school so I'm here.

I walk to my locker to see Jay there. You can't be late now?

"Alexa." Jay said.

"What?! Oh my gosh! How do you cheat then literally throw me on the cement and leave me there and you're still bothering me?! What the hell do you want?! I can't read a damn book in peace?! I can't be a nerd in peace?!" I yelled.

"Look I'm sorry to interrupt your nerdiness but I'm sorry." Jay said.

A tear left my eye.

"Stop it." Jay snapped.

"Why is it that I can't show my emotions?! Fine are you happy?! I won't cry I'll just be a fucking zombie. I feel nothing. I'm not hurt! Does that make you feel so much better?!" I yelled.

"Alexa I didn't mean it like that." Jay said sighing.

"I'm a zombie I don't feel anything." I said.

"Alexa." Jay said grabbing my hands.

"Why the fuck are you grabbing my hands? Are we at the ball? Like some ballroom dancing like what are we doing?" I asked.

"I didn't mean that ok?!" Jay yelled.

"What is it with guys and not meaning stuff? Like I'm sorry how do I know your real name according to how many things you said you didn't mean." I said.

"Stop Alexa." Jay said.

"Stop saying the truth. Ok." I said.

"Alexa I'm trying and you're not." Jayden said.

"Oh my gosh. Tell someone who actually cares! I don't care! Are you listening Jay?! I don't fuck with you. I don't give a fuck about you or anything you do! I don't care! Im a zombie I don't feel shit so I can't care anymore!" I yelled.

Jayden's hand made contact with my cheek.

My face flew left and my cheek was hurting badly.

"Baby." Jay said. He quickly grabbed me and kissed my cheek before I could object.

"I'm sorry." Jay said.

"Do you actually fucking mean it?! Because you've been saying that all morning!" I snapped.

"Baby girl don't get mad-"

"Finish your damn sentence and I will. You're being a hypocrite." I said.

"I don't want to go in a circle." Jay said.

"Go in a circle? We've done a three sixty. I really don't want to see you again." I said.

"Baby-"

"I am not your baby and I'm just keeping it a hundred. I don't want to see you." I said shrugging and I walked off.

This is going to be a long day.

Aubrey's Pov

"You can go back to class now. And keep your hands to yourself." The principal said.

"No promises but I'll try." I answered truthfully. I walked back to class and took my seat as everyone stared at me.

"Do you guys need something or am I just that pretty?" I asked.

Everyone turned away and I shrugged as the teacher continued teaching.

I was paying attention and taking notes in my notebook for the test which no one else did.

"So Aubrey since you're not paying attention solve this problem." The teacher said making me look up.

165+89. That was the problem. Easy. 254.

I didn't even walk up to the board.

"254." I answered.

Kids were amazed I could do the math in my head.

"Wow um how'd you get there?" The teacher asked amazed.

"I did it in my head. 15✖️15=225." I said.

"Wow." One kid said.

"I'll talk you your sister when she picks you up." The teacher replied making my heart beat in my heart. Faster than normal.
****************
Jayden's Pov

I looked up at the clock anxiously waiting for the period to end so I can talk to my bae. Yes I still call her my bae even though she's mad at me.

I look up at the clock and the bell rings and everyone gets up quickly.

Alexa seems to read my mind because she dips. Oh. Making it hard I see.

I run after her and see her fall on her ankle. Again.

"What the fuck is wrong with this ankle?" Alexa asked herself.

"Hey." I said.

"Bye." Alexa said sharply.

"Look I'm not leaving." I said looking down at her ankle.

I had a first aid kit in my bag just for her.

I wrapped something around her ankle.

"Thanks." Alexa said getting up.

"Hey." I said grabbing her.

"What?" Alexa asked irritation edging into her voice.

"Alexa I'm really sorry. I was hurt that you didn't want me and I got mad. I didn't cheat because you're the only girl I'm in love with. You know you got me wrapped around your finger?" I asked.

Alexa looked scared.

I kissed her forehead.

"I can't lose you." I whispered.

Alexa nodded.

"I'll give you space to think." I said.

"Can we just be friends?" Alexa asked.

I was hurt but I nodded.

"Whatever you want." I said. This is going to be hard.
****************
Audrey's Pov

After school I had to go pick up Aubrey because the teacher needed to talk to me. If that girl is in trouble she's in trouble with me too.

"So what's the problem?" I asked.

"Your sister is amazing. She's above grade level. So since you're here new guardian I'm asking for your permission for something which I highly recommend. How would you like it if Aubrey went to third grade?" The teacher asked.

"Um Aubrey you ok with that?" I asked.

"Um yeah." Aubrey said.

"Ok we can try it." I said.

The teacher smiled and nodded.
************