Not Coming Home

~Aph's POV~

Dear Diary,

I can't wait to see Garroth today! I haven't seen him since the last day of school, and when you don't see your best friend in two months, you kind of get a little lonely. But while we were texting, he told me he was going to the Panic! at the Disco concert, and I freaked! Crap! I only have two hours till the concert! I'll be sure to tell you all about it!

Love, Aphmau

I quickly closed my diary and began to get ready. I hopped in the shower, then got out and blow dried my hair. I curled my hair and threw it up in a high ponytail. I went up to my closet and pulled out my high waisted jeans, my P!ATD shirt and tucked it in. I put my black converse on and grabbed my keys. I drove down to the concert center. When I got there, I decided to text Garroth.

A: Hey! R u here yet? I can't wait to see you!

G: Yeah! I'm by Johnny Rockets.

A: Okay! See u soon!

With that, I took off running  toward the Johnny Rockets. I looked on my tippy toes for someone tall with blonde hair, but I couldn't see him. That's when someone grabbed my waist and began to spin me around. I laughed, knowing exactly who it was. When I was put down I spun around and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Garroth! I missed you so dang much you have no idea!" I said letting go of the hug.

"I missed you too, Aphmau! Probably more!" he replied.

As we walked around waiting for the concert to start, Garroth talked about his summer in Colorado. He said he met a really cool dude named Laurence, and a girl named Azura. When he mentioned her, though, I felt myself get jealous. I've liked Garroth ever since we met in sixth grade, and if this Azura girl thinks she can just waltz right in and steal Garroth she has...

"Aphmau, are you okay? You look ready to kill." Garroth said, interrupting my thoughts. 

"Hmm? Oh, I'm fine. Ivy has just been an even bigger pain then she already is." I kind of lied. Ivy is always a pain.

"Hey," He said taking my hands. "Don't think about Ivy right now. She is a female dog and doesn't deserve to be in your beautiful head." 

I blushed really hard, and he did too. We just kind of stood there staring into each others' eyes, slowly leaning in closer and closer. Our lips were about to touch when a voice ran over the speakers telling us that the concert was about to start. We quickly leaned away, promised to meet up after the concert was over, for he needed a ride to his mom's house, which was across the street from mine, and walked toward our seats. Gosh dang it announcer!

~TIME SKIP TO AFTER THE CONCERT~

"OMG THAT CONCERT WAS FREAKIN AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING!"

"I KNOW RIGHT!"

Garroth and I fangirled the entire ride home. BUT SERIOUSLY THO, DAT CONCERT WAS DA BOMB! When we reached my house, I stopped the car. He walked me up to my door, and we just kind of stood there looking at each other, until he broke the silence.

"Aph, I have something to tell you. Please don't hate me because of this, but I'm not staying here for school." He said sadly.

"W-w-what?" I asked, tears building in my eyes.

"I'm going to be living with my dad for my last year of high school."

Tears began to roll down my face as I listened to his explanation. 

"The reason I came to this concert was so I could see you one last time. But mostly it was so I could tell you this in person. Aphmau, I love you." 

Now, one year later at graduation, I still can't believe Garroth is Not Coming Home.

I hoped y'all loved the first chapter of my new book! I know I made it kind of sad, but I feel like it's super sweet that the last words Garroth ever told Aphmau was his feelings for her. Also, I'M GOING TO THE P!ATD CONCERT IN AUGUST! I'm excited, if you can't tell. Anyways, thanks for reading!

BYE ~Bails