Chapter Four: I will suffer to keep him happy...

Start from the beginning

“Blake, where is Brooke?” I asked loudly just to make sure he was paying attention.                                                                       

“Down there...” He said quietly pointing to the front door.

I couldn’t believe on how calm Blake was did he know what this girl was capable of.                                                                       

“Where was she going?” I asked impatiently thinking the worst.                                                                                                                               

“Brooke didn’t say... All I know is that she said ‘I’m going to end it all’,” Blake said bored before giving me a who gives a fuck look.

Just hearing that quote coming from Blake’s mouth as he mimicked Brooke made my heart die. I took off down the stairs having a clue on where she would be. Brooke accidently told me that she had always been planning to jump off the abandoned bridge which was at the back of the cemetery. Someone please tell me who would have of thought to build a cemetery on a cliff which was a perfect place to jump??? I grabbed my car keys before leaving hopefully to find someone obviously wasn’t healed yet. I wonder all the time why I am like this good person. I could be a spoilt brat if I wanted to, my parents where rich they try to give me anything I want. I could be a whole different person, but I never knew why I have always been helping people. Maybe it was because I grew up with a pretty good life. Nothing really happened to me, I haven’t lost many people I loved. My family is almost perfect I couldn’t ask for anything more. Helping people made me feel wanted even more then I was already and Brooke was the most helpless person I have ever met. I wanted to get inside her brain and understand how other people where feeling instead of living the high of Anthony Bates the kid from the perfect life. I felt myself think hardly about just getting to Brooke before anything happened...

[Brooke’s POV]:

I couldn’t believe on why I was shivering so much, I continually blamed it on the cold icy wind but I knew that it wasn’t the only reason. The hot tears ran freely down my face as I knew I was alone like I have been my whole life. I didn’t know why I was hesitating so much how come I was thinking perhaps this might not be a good idea. I took a step closer to the edge of the cliff face to look fear in the face. I could feel something trying to hold me back and that annoyed me. I wanted this as much as everyone else wanted it, a lot. I slowly took another step towards the edge but that’s when I heard footsteps behind me.                                                                                                                                                                                         “What are you doing?” I heard the voice of Anthony ask me before holding my hand.                                                                  

“Anthony just please go away,” I whispered letting out a sob tightening my grip on his hand.

I couldn’t help myself thinking that I must have already done something to make him bother with me.                                 

“Since you probably won’t reason with me care if I join you?” Anthony asked me scaring me at the thought of dragging him further into my problems.                                                                               

Anthony stood next to me and looked down to the black abyss that we both stood next to. Why did he want to end his life to, he was perfect. Anthony had a future to look forward to unlike me.                                                                                                

“Why are you doing this?” I asked him letting my gaze fall to his eyes.                                                                                                    

“If I don’t help you I will feel like I have failed, if you jump so do I.” Anthony said strongly telling the truth since there was something about him that I knew he wouldn’t lie to me.                                                                         

We both took another step closer almost slipping on the dampened rocks. I couldn’t bare this I wasn’t about to let Anthony waste his life on me. I pushed him back knowing that I would be taken with him.                                                             

“Anthony snap out of it! You have every reason to stay alive, you’re smart, gorgeous and you’re the kindest person I have ever met. You will get to go to a rich college and find a wife and everything. Don’t waste your life on me!” I yelled at him shivering with unsureness.                                                                                                                                                                             “Brooke you don’t understand, I want to help people and if I just let you kill yourself what do you think that will do to me? I will be utterly useless at something I want to do. Please I am begging you, if you care about me so much don’t jump” Anthony called out to me.

I could hear the pain in his voice, why did I have to meet him? Why couldn’t I have been partnered up with someone else and kill myself as I planned. Was I really going to stop because of someone I had just met?                                                         

“Please...” I heard Anthony whimper almost silent.

I couldn’t not just yet anyway, I wasn’t about to let Anthony live with guilt. I would suffer to keep him happy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It wasn't that long and nothing much happened :l... Next chapter is so much longer, by the way I usually update when the chapters read is 45+ .... o_o IlYSH <3 <3 xx [smile.or.die] Andy!!